On-Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: On-Demand problems

@57 Swapping the boxes to see is an option. However, I have a rat's nest of cables, splitters and a couple of amplifiers up in the drop ceiling and I'm pretty sure I ensured I'd be getting the best signal to the HD PVR.. Each time I changed something I revised my diagram, but I haven't kept up, so the first thing I'm going to do is trace the cables and check the connections. They also put a new TV on the SD PVR, so I'm also suspecting the tightness of those connections. The channels come in fine, but I expect ROD needs a better signal.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

This morning the signal to my 8300SD PVR was -10dBmV compared to -8 yesterday. Something had changed (although I don't recall what kind of signal I got there in the past). No point calling Rogers if I'm getting -1dBmV on my 8300HD on a -3.5dB splitter leg. So I spent a good part of the day tracing and documenting my rats's nest of cables, splitters, etc. Long story short, I eliminated a splitter I no longer needed and now I get -3dBmV and the ROD channels work just fine.  Seems they need a little better signal than other channels.

(A humorous anecdote. Thinking I might need another booster, I went on line at The Source and was looking at this Digiwave ANT1005 Digital HDTV Amplifier for $18.99. Nowhere did it say it was bi-directional like the discontinued Nexxtech 1512505A Amplifier I had bought years ago. While studying it, a chat window pops up, so I ask if this is bi-directional. The agent answers "Maybe". I press him some more, saying Rogers Cable requires bi-directional devices, to which he answers "We are owned by Bell, don't know about Rogers". Smiley Mad )

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

So I've been getting automated calls from Rogers almost weekly letting me know that they're still working on the Internet issue I reported back in May where my pings would go up, download speeds would drop, and packet loss would increase...all after 9pm on an almost nightly basis. I would also have problems with OnDemand service where movies/shows would fail to load or would play but stutter or cut in and out frequently. Since being upgraded to a Casa CMTS, my internet issues have pretty much cleared up but OnDemand is still pretty terrible. Attempting to watch The Revenant tonight (9:30pm) on TMN OnDemand. It freezes and stutters every few minutes. Tried a couple other movies and the experience is the same. Can a Rogers tech please confirm whether or not Rogers is actually looking into these problems. They've been having issues with OnDemand since the beginning of time and I fear that they'll never truly fix it until the launch of IPTV. I think I speak for thousands when I say I'm getting pretty darn tired of these issues.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So, last time I watched a movie on Rogers on Demand, I had the option of stopping a movie part way through, and coming back later, or on another unit to watch again.

Tonight I discover that it's no longer there.

Play

Delete from playlist

cancel

There used to be 'Continue' or similar on the list and its no longer there.

This is a major pain, specially on the much slower recievers which don't seem to fast forward near as fast.  Its also a LARGE PAIN when you're 30-60-90 minutes or more into a movie.  I don't really feel like sitting there, and trying to fast forward to a spot that I had to exit from, OR GOT KICKED OUT OF on accident or via system issue.

BTW, I'm refering to 'pause but exit to menu' and 'pause for far to long so ROD takes a kaniption fit' and forces you to exit to ROD menu...

If this is not something thats returning, or is gone for good, I will be forced to either buy the movies from amazon, netflix them when/if they come available, or possibly find another means to watch what I want to watch...

Highlighted

Hi @toolcubed,

Do you have a case currently open for ROD? If you do please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can escalate it for you.

@thomask we have identified the issue you've described and are currently working on it.  Please stay tuned!

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Why are we having to watch the same commericial 12 times during a 48 minute show? I have no problem with there being commercial. This has recently happened with all on demand programming, it's a turn off to watching the show!

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @SAM60,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Thank you for your feedback, we always encourage feedback from our users!

Cheers

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Why does the HD version of all shows not get added at the same time as non-HD?  I have noticed HD versions post a day or two after non-HD.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Small rant

I've had Rogers for about a year or two now with HBO on demand.

For a premium service, it always surprises me how inconvenient it is to find episodes in the index. I often find half a series in HBO (channel 1064) and the other half in TMN (channel 1062) meaning I have to go hunting between the channels. Other times there are sub folders in an on demand channel where some of a series is hidden. The search function seems unable to find these often.

Overall, it feels like the company is just lazy and illogical in how the HBO on demand is organized.

I'm hoping someone in the company finds this post and tries to fix the problem. All it would take a little attention to detail and a focus on customer service to fix it...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My Explorer 4290's On Demand services are not responding, because all of VOD channels have an error SRM-8001 so I need help fixing it.