On-Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Enthusiast

Re: On-Demand problems

Wow! This is really sad and extremely bad customer service on the part of Rogers. If they don't want to expedite the bleeding away of customers that seems to be happening, they really need to do something now.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Located in Vaughan (Hwy 400 & Teston Rd). Once again, can't play any On Demand content. When trying to play anything (ch 100, ch 309, etc), it starts to load and then shows "The On Demand server is experiencing difficulty playing the program you selected." Rebooted the NB3 twice but still same problem. Even getting "Undefined" message with blank screen on the On Demand channels from time to time. These problems seem to surface every couple of months. And yes, my signal levels are good. Even had a tech come check everything a month or so ago. I swear, I don't know if any other company the size of Rogers that has half as many problems as they do. Anyone else having issues with their On Demand service?

4 nights in a row with the same problem. If I keep trying over and over, it eventually works. Neighbourhood network congestion? A known problem with Navigatr? I can't be the only one having this problem...

Can someone from Rogers please PM me? P.S. I've had another case open (for another issue) for months and nobody's bothered to call me back for any updates. I'm not sure how Rogers can claim customer service complaints are down. My experience lately has not been good at all.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @toolcubed

Are you still getting the same error? It could be possible that you are affected by a known issue that is being worked on.

Please send a PM to @CommunityHelps at your convenience if you need direct support.

RogersAsif

Yes - same problem and same error every night after 9pm. If I keep trying to play an on-demand show (like I try 25 times...and no, I'm not exaggerating), it'll eventually work. What's the known issue?
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@toolcubed

We've reached out to you via PM so we can look into this

RogersAsif

Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

NextBox 3.0 (On Demand - Doesn't work) (err. UNDEFINED)

Hello,

For 2 days now, i am unable to access On Demand from my NextBox 3.0.

I already exchanged the box, did factory reset, did re-autohorization, spoke with multiple techs, no solution yet.

However, i do have a tech coming tomorrow to look into this. (As technical support told me there is no 'communication between the box and rogers' (however, all regular channels mostly work all the time - sometimes i do notice box to reboot, gets stuck in 'dlnd' mode.)

Could somebody (who has more expirience with Rogers TV) provide more information about this?

What could be the issue? What can i expect from Rogers visit tomorrow? (Just swap the box, or?)

Is this known issue?

Software version:

20160603_225614.jpg

Any information / suggestion / help appriciated.

Thanks!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since the box is not communicating properly, it's probably a signal issue. Signal issues are the cause of many of the problems posted on this forum.

I hope the technician can find the source of your signal problem, either in your home or in your neighbourhood.  The usual causes are poor cable, poor connections, poor splitter, poor signal to your home, etc.

I'm an Enthusiast

I'm ready to give up on Rogers On Demand. We had a brand new cable installed about a week ago. I've been told only VIP customers can access On Demand channels that we common folk can only watch live. I didn't know that CHCH was one of the specialty channels. I'm sure they'd be excited to hear that.

All pretty irrelevant now as our PVR has suddenly started acting up. From what I'm reading elsewhere in this forum we aren't alone in experiencing the technological wonders provided by our service company. Nice to know.

Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Just for the record, before tech came today, i swapped the box again, and all of the suddent this time it started working (after 3rd box).

Tech checked the signals, etc, said everything is fine, and there is 2 way communication.

Hopefully it will stay this way.