On-Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: On-Demand problems

@EdH wrote:

...the boxes were both frozen on "loading...".

You likely have a signal issue in your home or in your neighbourhood. If the return signal from your box(es) is not good, then the head end won't/can't send out your desired programme. The fact that the box(es) froze, also indicates a signal issue. Call Rogers and have them check the signal at your boxes and in your neighbourhood. Here's a post discussing signal issues, which are the cause of many problems.  You can also check the signal at the box yourself using the link.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

This, of course, does nothing if an episode is missing in the on-demand selection. I have, however, also occasionally found that one bunch of episodes is in one location and another episode is in another location (and I thought it was missing). The Rogers person who put in the one episode didn't put it in the same place and it ended up a the bottom of a list, or in another place due to alphabetical sorting, etc.

Bellabum
I've Been Around

Just started watching the episode of good witch on demand and after 25 minutes of the show it started playing the scenes over again. Of course because I do not have a pvr I could not fast forward. Can't wait until I can get bell fibe!

gjgionet
I'm Here A Lot

Again! More issues with Rogers services!

We are get to my w constant issue with ROD whereby we start to watch a program and part way through the video stops and the show has to be started from the beginning. No ability to fast forward at all!

This is awful! Why are we paying so much for such horrible service!!!!

RogersMoin

Hello, @gjgionet.

Thank you for posting your On Demand service concern in the Community. 

The shows getting stopped partway through and not able to return to the point of stopping can be inconvenient. Is this happening with all shows? 

If the issue is with most of the shows, then it could be related to the return signal at the box. Is the guide working fine on that box?

We can run a few diagnostics on your box; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Regards,

RogersMoin

gjgionet
I'm Here A Lot

I already called Rogers support and I the technical did a reset on our box and said the issue would be resolved. It is not. We are still experiencing the issue.

We are leaving Rogers and will be cancelling our services. Your customer service is terrible and we pay way too much for the services we receive.

I’m done.

bg47
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been watching some TV series on demand on channels like FX and showcase.  After each "episode" ends I am forced to go back to the on demand home screen. I then have to scroll through all the TV entries till I get back to the one I was watching, then choose the next episode. This is annoying when I want to binge watch. Any solution? Why can't it be like Netflix and automatically go to the next episode?

bg47
I Plan to Stick Around

The shows do not stop in the middle. E.G. I was watching the Americans TV series on FX. There were many series as well as multiple episodes in each series. I wanted to watch 8 episodes simultaneously but after each episode finished it would not automatically go to the next episode. I had to exit and start from scratch scrolling through all the TV names until I got back to FX. Then choose the programme I was watching, The Americans, and manually select the next episode. Very time consuming,

RedMarvel
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm having an odd issue with the latest episode of Chicago Med in On Demand on my TV.

40 minutes into episode 3 of Season 6 it suddenly switches to a different episode from years ago.

RogersLaura

Hey @RedMarvel!

Thanks for your post! 🙂

Can you kindly confirm, is this for Ignite TV or cable TV? What happens if you reboot your Ignite modem or TV box...any change?

If possible, can you please send us a PM so we can investigate this further for you? We'll see if we can duplicate the issue and determine if a ticket is required. 

Thanks!

RogersLaura