On-Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersCorey

Re: On-Demand problems

Good afternoon @CriAce!

Welcome to our Community!

I use On Demand frequently to catch up on my favourite shows so I know exactly what it's like when the service isn't working. Please let us help you with this!

I'd like to run some tests and look into this further. Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can fully assist. If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

monkey1580
I Plan to Stick Around

on demand problems i have found out that it is not rogers problem it comes from the source  meaning the for example fx canada controls what shows they will have available for on demand that applies to all content from the source channels. It is different when it comes to buying a movie or renting one you can have problems that is a rogers problem you paid for the movie. Where i have trouble is when  for example you will run a marathon of a series on that channel for say 2 days but when you go into the directory  on demand and try to find it say season 3 of a series it is not there at all 

timaitchison
I Plan to Stick Around

i like to see more choices on rogers on demed channel 100 like rogers has a list of tv channels  watch tv shows any time free there needs to be more choices also rogers you can rent a new movies 6.99 and old movies  rogers should come with pay one price a month to watch those movies unlimted  at one price a month had more line to rogers on demaned channel 100  free tv channel list like ctv, hbo , cbc , city tv , golball amc , and the anmerican network channels on demand like abc fox, cbs, nbc, cw  wpix 11 wgn , ktla  my 38 bosten  also in the kids tewletoon  on demand why dont they had the classic cartoons like l scooby doo , bugs and tweety show , tom and jerry  the rogers on demand needs more on channel 100 even dajveiw should be on the tv channels oin demaned  thank you timothy aitchison

EdH
I Plan to Stick Around

Occasionally I watch shows On Demand when two or more shows are on at the same time. I have never had an issue with this but now something has happened and it's affecting show availability. Last week, on Thursday July 5th,18, we had a cable outage (TV, Internet, Phone) that occurred as a result of a power failure immediately prior to the outage. As a result, I missed an episode of Marvel's Cloak and Dagger. I wasn't too concerned as I have been able to watch this show on demand before. I went to the station on demand to watch episode six but it was not available. I have kept checking back but while episode 3, 4, 5 and 7 are available, 6 is not. What is the point of "On Demand" if our shows don't get uploaded on a timely basis? I even tried to watch it online but it's only available online in America and short of hacking my ip location, this show is not available. I'm really disappointed and frustrated. The Rogers tech I spoke to had limited knowledge of On Demand, continuing to ask me to try stations it was not on as did his partner beside him. ABC Spark had no suggestions except to talk to Rogers which I already have done. While I feel this is probably beyond the scope of this forum, perhaps I can at least demonstrate that the "On Demand" system is not fully functional, in the hopes that somebody from Rogers reads this and can offer a solution.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Your concern is one that you raise is not a new one, I think many of us have raised it.  

To summarize it, you will hear that the issue lies with the contracted release of shows and how long they keep them and that varies with each broadcaster.

There is no consistency in these contractual submissions to On-Demand and so, like many of us, you are stuck at the moment trying to figure out how to get at your desired show that you missed through no fault of your own.

Hope it shows up soon somewhere - you are probably like me when it comes to the Marvel TV shows, I hate missing a show, as the series build on each other and a single show usually adds a lot of detail.

My only solution in the meantime to help with keeping the flow would be to hit one of the online reviews of the series - that is what my wife and I have done when we miss a show.  Not the best alternative, but at least you can know what is going on for the next show when it comes on.

You are not alone on this one and the long term solution lies in the negotiations between Rogers and their contracts with the providers of on-demand content.

Bruce

EdH
I Plan to Stick Around

This wasn't a case of a show being out of date, it should have been available last week and it wasn't. I did finally get it resolved, either through my complaints or my actions. I reset my Nextbox and now the show is available. Amusingly, the episode that aired yesterday (7) is now missing but it's ok as I watched that one.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@EdH wrote:

Occasionally I watch shows On Demand when two or more shows are on at the same time. I have never had an issue with this but now something has happened and it's affecting show availability. Last week, on Thursday July 5th,18, we had a cable outage (TV, Internet, Phone) that occurred as a result of a power failure immediately prior to the outage. As a result, I missed an episode of Marvel's Cloak and Dagger. I wasn't too concerned as I have been able to watch this show on demand before. I went to the station on demand to watch episode six but it was not available.

I always record everything I watch, but if for some reason the show is missed due to a power outage or other glitch, I too look for it on ROD.  But if ROD fails to provide the episode I missed, I resort to finding a torrent.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
EdH
I Plan to Stick Around

I have returned with yet another "On Demand" problem. I have been able to find episodes I want to watch but the "watch" button no longer works. On the weekend, there was a show I wanted to watch (Sept 3, 2018) but On Demand refused to start. Finally I just went to the station and signed in there to watch the show. The problems never end.

Spent several hours last night rebooting the box without luck, spent a few more hours today and found I couldn't even bring up the show I wanted, box was stuck on loading. Pulled the plug and walked away. Plugged it back in after fifteen minutes and when it loaded I got it to work again. What a pain! I hope I don't have to repeat this every time I want to use it.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@EdH  If you post the name of the show/episode and network, we can check if we also can't watch it. I've always found ROD to be a bit flakey and unreliable. Often it's impossible to FF through commercials and sometimes it crashes on me at the end and I can't watch the next episode or something else without exiting and going to ROD all over again.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
EdH
I Plan to Stick Around

This was happening for all programs in the On Demand section. I finally got it to start working again by leaving the next box unplugged for fifteen minutes and then letting it boot up and load. I have two Next Boxes and both were having the same issue. The final straw was when I couldn't even get any programs to appear in menu, the boxes were both frozen on "loading...".