On-Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: On-Demand problems

On Demand shows & movies problem

I am able to select the show or movie on demand, but nothing will display on the screen, also noticed the play button no longer displayed on the screen.  When hit stop goes back to menu with options of resume playing or restart or cancel.  

I'm a Senior Advisor

Quick trouble shooting on your end - sometimes reboots with the updates at night sometimes don't take and can impact on demand as the catelogue and features may not load properly.

1. Try a reboot, by either doing it from settings, troubleshooting, reboot - don't do factory reset.

or you can unplug wait about 30 seconds or so and then wait for it to reboot.  It can take about a half hour for on-demand features to reload.

2. Mentioned earlier a few posts back is reset the box from My rogers from the TV section of the overview.

A final issue often can be signal issues - you can call into support, or chat, or communityhelps can support from the forums.  Signal issues can often impact the download and updates.

Let the forum know how it goes.

Bruce

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nextbox 3 Crashes

An annoying quirk with my Nextbox 3.  If I watch TMN On Demand and let the show/movie run until the very end it crashes the Nextbox 3 and reboots. If I stop the show near the end, say when the credits are running, I'm able to stop and cancel payback and return to the main menu. 

I've tried the usual, unplugged, restarted the box and reauthorized, but the problem continues. Haven't reset the box as otherwise everything works fine and I don't want to lose recordings. 

Anyone else having the same problem. Is there a fix?  

I'm a Senior Advisor

This is a new one for me - thought I had heard everything.  I have no suggestions, except for reboot, get signals checked, and I don't know if you are using a PVR or digital terminal - On the terminal, you do a factory reset as you are only resetting the settings and the underlying firmware and software.

I would start with support and get signals check (community helps here can do that too - possibly a moderator can provide the links to discuss with them) as they need private account information to access your box and signals.

Curious, is this the terminal, or the PVR version of the 3 version?

I just got a terminal replacement from DTA to 8642 Nextbox 3 terminal - hope I am not walking into a new mess depending upon what the actual box comes my way as many people are turning boxes in because of poor performance - I was told you get what is in the store, so that is why I got 8642 and it's slow performance issues (although better than 'DTA and I get to see my whole package, but still slow), but I can attempt to local a Nextbox 3 terminal by phoning around and got it documented.  

So I have spoken a lot about the story of the move of implementation of Navigatr, and I have never had to deal with the 8642 or even return a box for that matter, but here I am with the 8642, which really is a pig.

Hope you get some answers.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

It's the PVR version. Signal strength seems good as no pixelization on any channels and on demand is quite responsive. Noticed it watching some HBO on demand. Will try some different shows and see what happens. I have some programs I want to keep so reluctant to reset the box back to factory specs.  

I'm Here A Lot

Ondemand Reboots

After watching a show on rogers on demand, the box reboots itself.  Does this happen to anyone else? 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@SB28  It has reported before along with other On Demand issues - typically now, it is signal strength issues.

My suggestion is contact communityhelps through Private Messaging, or contact tech support and get everything checked out - may be simple as a reboot.

With these boxes, it can be just about anything, but some systematic trouble shooting, best done with tech support is best route. Plus it documents that it happened in case it reoccurs.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Give me exact example i will try and duplicate what you are doing so far here in ottawa all is well with on demand channels 

I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure the area or region you live in we live the ottawa area had some issues on uploading content to a on demand  channel other than that all is working find you may want to reboot but wait for a few minutes first.

I've Been Around

I can access the on demand menu and scroll through shows but when I select anything to watch and press play, I get the following message “the on demand server is experiencing difficulty playing the program you have selected”. Receive same message across various channels/networks and different shows. Just want to catch up on latest episodes- help. Have already reset the Rogers box.