On-Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: On-Demand problems

All Ondemand channels problem -Subscribe instead of play

Hi all, wondering if anyone has hadthis problem:

I'm subscribed to TMN, HBO nd a host of other channels and the respective on ondemand channels were never an issue with me.

About a week ago when I go to any ondemand channel I can select the movie/program, then the description comes up but instead of having the option to 'play' and 'cancel' I see 'subscribe' and 'cancel'.

Seems simple but has gone to the 2nd level of support. Was just curious if I can speed up the process if someone here has gone through it..

Regards,

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @shawn_q,

I can definitely understand how frustrating that can be to deal with. Were you since able to get this issue resolved?

Since our tier 2 team is an escalation group, they'd typically put in a request themselves to try and resolve the issue in a timely manner. 

Please keep us posted and let us know if the issue was fixed!

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

For some unknown reason, some channels like A&E, AMC, History, Viceland stopped working on demand. Now they are asking me to subscribe. I already subscribe to those channels. I have the VIP package. Everything was working just a few days ago when I was watching Better Call Saul on AMC on demand. For the past 3 days they haven't worked and keep asking me to subscribe.

I tried unpluging the box and resetting it but that hasn't worked.

Any sugestions?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

WWE Network 397

Long time subscriber to Wwe network why is now when I go on the 397 channel it's asking for me to subscribe? Is it a glitch the content should be included in my Wwe network package. Will I be charged for the content? Is the on demand even working?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DSee

Mine did that. A simple reboot fixed my issues. Try rebooting the box by unplugging it for 10 seconds then plugging it back in. Let it boot up and Hopefully the channel goes back to normal.

If that did not fix ur issue, contact Rogers and speak to their tech support for cable.. They should be able to zap the box and fix the issue on their end.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks RogersCilio, the issue was resolved. Took about a week and not sure of the cause or fix.

Regards

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I subscribe to TMN/HBO and have access to the channels, however when I try to view a show on demand it says free for subscribers - I'm confused because I am a subscriber????

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @shawn_q,

Glad to hear it was resolved! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

Highlighted

Hey @natz21

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

On Demand issues are the worst! Especially when it’s affecting your premium channels like TMN and HBO. It definitely sounds like an annoying issue to have.

In order to investigate this matter further I will need to gain access to your account. Can you please send us a PM and we can look at your account and determine what is happening here?

If you are unfamiliar with how to PM us please follow the steps outlined in this thread here.

Regards,
RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Around

@Styphelus wrote:

For some unknown reason, some channels like A&E, AMC, History, Viceland stopped working on demand. Now they are asking me to subscribe. I already subscribe to those channels. I

I had this problem too! What fixed it for me is going online to your Rogers Account, and under the TV settings, you need to hit the 'reset my digital box' or something like that. It can take up to 30 minutes... Manually unplugging the box didn't help.