On-Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: On-Demand problems

@Lunder18

My the looks of your channel numbers, you must be in Atlantic Canada?  Here in Ontario, if I press "*" to bring up the search functionality of the IPG I searched for "Curb" and was immediately presented with about 50 SD and 50 HD episodes, listed by season and episode number and all were on channel 311.

The search results also provided several other episodes which are coming up on the HBO channel itself in the next week.

Do you have search in Atlantic Canada?  Perhaps Rogers needs to do things differently there due to the use of Motorola equipment and different server interfaces.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Recently I've noticed that when you try to pause an On Demand show or movie it doesn't pause but rather restarts the whole show/movie. This is really very annoying as with tv shows you can't fast forward and with movies the fast forward is slow. Is there a fix for this?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Football_boy13

This issue has been discussed quite a few times on this forum in the various on-demand threads.  There are a couple of suggested workarounds that may or may not work.

1. Instead of pressing "pause", press "stop".  The programme will restart in 2 minutes, but at least you may not lose your place.

2. Another option is possibly to hit "play" before you hit any of the other buttons. This may "wake up" the connection with the server.

Good Luck.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just wondering why The Bachelor on demand only has 48 minutes of each 2 hour episode. Really no use having this show featured when you can't even watch the full episodes.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I didn't really know where to post this, but it also involves an On Demand problem.

On Tuesday I had recorded NCIS: Los Angeles on Global, 9:00 p.m. first run series recording on this channel. Yesterday when I went to watch it, I found it was some stuff about Superbowl commercials instead. Checking back on the Zap2it Guide, I saw that the episode I wanted had actually been broadcast an hour earlier at 8:00 p.m. but it didn't record. OK, so I'd missed it. But never fear, that's what ROD is for.  Unfortunately, when I went to ROD (Ch 100) I kept getting an error message to try later or call a Rogers number.  But it was quicker to download a torrent of the last episode and watch it on my Smart TV.

So this morning I tried ROD 100 again, same error. Tried some other ROD channels, same thing. Rebooted the PVR and ROD worked, but the last episode I had been looking for wasn't there yet. Anyway, if your ROD isn't working, the first step is to reboot your box. If you called Rogers, that's probably what they'll tell you anyway.

The other thing is, why didn't my scheduled show record? It was set to "first run, this channel", not a time slot. Unfortunately I don't know if Rogers had failed to tag it as "new" because the IPG will only go back a couple of hours.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

The other thing is, why didn't my scheduled show record? It was set to "first run, this channel", not a time slot. Unfortunately I don't know if Rogers had failed to tag it as "new" because the IPG will only go back a couple of hours.

We all know how finicky the "NEW" modifier is in the IPG. Although it may work most times, there are still enough times when it is not there on new programming or is there on repeats that it makes too much of a mess for me to use.  If the programme doesn't air too often during the day/week, don't use the new modifier. You may need to delete some duplicates, but it's probably better than the programme not recording.  I go by experience and sometimes do use the "NEW" modifier, but only on programming that I either don't care about, or that I know airs later in the week so that I can record it (single recording)  if it's missed.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

We all know how finicky the "NEW" modifier is in the IPG. Although it may work most times, there are still enough times when it is not there on new programming or is there on repeats that it makes too much of a mess for me to use.

The down side of setting time slot recordings is that often the start time is changed by a minute and you get nothing. At least setting a "first run" recording avoids that. But neither is 100% reliable. Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR:

I wasn't suggesting timeslot recordings. I was suggesting "all" recordings.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@OLDYELLR:

I wasn't suggesting timeslot recordings. I was suggesting "all" recordings.

Got it! I do believe that NCIS: Los Angeles is on Global only once a week, at least I didn't see any repeats coming up, so that would have done it.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can, of course, do "all" on "this day" or "any time".  If the programme always airs on the same day, then you can use "this day"...