On-Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: On-Demand problems

But shomi is no longer available as of November 30, 2016. I have to use Rogers On Demand to see what's there.
Highlighted

Hello, @BrandonHopkins2

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. 

Have you noticed any other symptoms like a black screen on channels, pixelation etc? Is On Demand not working on other boxes as well assuming you have more than one box?

Your 4290 box is running SARA guide and rebooting the box should resolve the SRM8001 error. Have you tried rebooting the box yet?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried rebooting the box, but the SRM 800 error is still there. It all started when I was watching Timber Kings on HGTV On Demand, the screen freezes, causing the on demand service to have technical difficulties, same as other VOD channels. That's why my SARA guide is been in maintenance.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

We have had our box replaced 4 times in 13 months. Senior tech just left, still can't resolve this issue. He changed wires, thinks it might be an issue with our year old building. Problem started in November. When you start the program it doesn't play and statusee bar freezes. No follow up from Rogers. Please help, thinking of Bell! Thanks

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The on-demand problems have been solved, because I added an addition to the package, Anime Network On Demand (Channel 210).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Trying to watch curb your enthusiasm and have had to hunt through 4 different on demand channels to find the various episodes because they are poorly organized...
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lunder18:

Did you try the search function (press * on the remote).  You don't need to be in the ROD channels, but this search seems to favour ROD.  I'm not sure if this will give you enough episode information, but at least it should direct you to the appropriate ROD channel.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hmm... I didn't realize that there was more than one ON Demand channel. I always assumed that ch. 100 was the only option. What are the others and what do they provide?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jays77:

There are a huge number of OD channels:

CHRG

Duck

Food

HBO

Family

Hollywood Suite

Multi-Cultural

Out

Rogers Kids

ROD

Super Ecran

TMN
Treehouse

Vivid

WWE

etc.

These are scattered all over the dial depending on your location, although you should be able to find them using search in AnyPlace or downloading the (overall) channel guide from Rogers' website.  I have no idea what some of these are as I watch very little OD.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is for HBO. For some reason on HBO shows you need to search through 1062, 1065, 1064 and 1067 because sometimes random episodes will be on one of the different channels but not the others...it just doesn't make sense that these aren't organized more effectively...