On-Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: On-Demand problems

Rogers on demand does not seem to have the ability to load. I've had the problem since May 25th and contacted rogers 3 times yet the still haven't done anything about the issue. They opened a ticket on May 25th

I've rebooted the netbox several times and I basically get a messages which says

Undefined

with a bar that says loading.

Has anyone else seen this issue. I can't beleive they haven't been able to diagnose this or send someone to look at since May 25th.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Welcome to the club. It seems many here have been having the very same problem and no solution has been offered. I've given up on my current PVR NB3 as it appears to be defective. Good luck finding an answer.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I got my email about free OnDemand movies & thought I'd watch Daddy's Home tonight. Big surprise - OnDemand channel says undefined and is not working. Thanks for nothing, Rogers!
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

New PVR today. No On Demand either. Just Undefined and Loading...... Also Search function doesn't work and the Guide only shows three days of info. Nice.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

A year ago we watched a few on demand movies free after Rogers trashed the contents of our PVR.

But had not used it since then.

Last month I decided to use up ourRogers Rewards in on Demand movies.

I see ON DEMAND works about as well as the Navigatr software.

had a problem getting every movie to work.

On the 1st one everything froze and I had to reboot my NB3 to get the machine going again.

For the 2nd one (The Martian) I could find it only doing a search, though I had seen it in the ON Demand menu a few days earlier.

Could only get few others started started by going to a regular channel and going back to ch100 later.

On the latest movie that technique no longer worked. I called Rogers, who said its a known problem, they sent a reset signal to my box, and advised I reboot the machine and wait 30 minutes.  

What a way to run a Cable Company !

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The On Demand Server is experiencing difficulty...

......for HBO Canada, Movie Network on Demand, and Shomi since March of this year. Ive called Rogers over 5 times for this issue and everytime they say we are still working on fixing the issue. How many others are having this issue, for how long, and what is Rogers acutally doing to fix it?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

When I go to Shomi, TMN, ...catalogues don't load. I have done a reboot, as after the loading failed, the set was frozen on the Home Screen. Reboot fixed that, but still no luck with searching catalogues.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@park wrote:

A year ago we watched a few on demand movies free after Rogers trashed the contents of our PVR.

But had not used it since then.

Last month I decided to use up ourRogers Rewards in on Demand movies.

I see ON DEMAND works about as well as the Navigatr software.

had a problem getting every movie to work.

On the 1st one everything froze and I had to reboot my NB3 to get the machine going again.

For the 2nd one (The Martian) I could find it only doing a search, though I had seen it in the ON Demand menu a few days earlier.

Could only get few others started started by going to a regular channel and going back to ch100 later.

On the latest movie that technique no longer worked. I called Rogers, who said its a known problem, they sent a reset signal to my box, and advised I reboot the machine and wait 30 minutes.  

What a way to run a Cable Company !

Used my last free movie from Rogers Rewards points late ast night.  

With great difficulty found the movie I wanted and watched the preview

then everything froze. Eventually The Rogers box saying reboot, error code etc came up. After a couple reboots and waiting finally got to order the movie. Trying to get to watch it today.  May have to reboot again !!!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I've never had a problem with the On Demand channels before until now. They still work on my SA8300HD box downstairs, but upstairs, on my SA8300SD, the one the grandchildren watch, we're now getting an error message to try again later. Signal strength on the SA8300HD is 1dBmV, excellent, but on the SA8300SD it's -8dBmV, worse, but still within spec (<10).  I've seen a lot of complaints about On Demand on Nextboxes with Navigatr, but none with SARA boxes.  Anybody else having this problem before I start calling Rogers?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR:  Swap the boxes and see if the SD works where the HD is now.  There should not be a 9dB signal difference in a home between STBs.   Sounds like a poor splitter or cable somewhere.