On-Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: On-Demand problems

As posted in the TV section many customers are suffering with no ON Demand service after the navagtr update. I now have that issue plus 2 more. My home phone now does not block unwanted callers and no call displayed on my TV. Also there is no search function on my TV when you hit the * button. It comes up but errors out I guess because of the On Demand issues. I can only put up with this for so long. I know from online forums twitter and Facebook as well as here many others are having this problem. Since I have escaleted these to the Rogers CSR's they say the issues are being dealt with and I will get an automated call when they are. Oh well.....the wait continues coming into week #2. Some have been waiting much longer. 

*** Edited Labels ***

Steve
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like I got my On Demand working again.  Did a reboot on my box from the troubleshooting menu.  When it restarted it said new software was installing and voila my On Demand worked.  Now If only I could figure out why I can't access FX channel On Demand despite having it as a channel in my lineup I would be almost a happy customer.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

There's an issue with many programs that are loaded in both "On Demand" and "Shomi" where some shows that are listed are either missing(won't play when you select the specific program) or the episode is a duplicate. The listing may read it being a different episode, but the actual video itself is the same.

Under On Demand for kids(chanlle 234)
-Di Gata Defenders - Ep 10 and 11 are identical (episode 11 is missing)
-Di Gata Defenders - Ep 13 and 14 are identicle (episode 13 is missing)
-Nelvanamation Specials: "Easter Fever" - What actually plays is "The Devil & Daniel Mouse" (Also note that the version of The Devil and Daniel Mouse is an extremely edited down version of the special made as a bonus included on a home video version of the movie "Heavy Metal". 
-Also "Cosmic Christmas" is should also be part of the Nelvanamation specials package.

Under Shomi:
-Di Gata Defenders (Though the first season is still available under on-demand was standard definition) the 2nd, 3rd & 4th seasons were made in HD but are not presented as such).
-Many other animated series that were meant to be presented in HD that are not include "The Batman", "Avitar, The Last Airbender", "What's New Scooby Doo", "Iron Man: Armored Adventures", "Avengers: Earth's Mighiest Heroes" and many others. If we're getting a premium service, then the programming should be offered in it's original broadcast form in ALL cases. IE HD when possible. That's not being done here.

D. Sampson 

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Mr-Stereo,

Those are very detailed findings. Have you:

- Restarted your cable box?

- Reported the issue to Rogers? You already have it written out - you can send a Twitter DM to @RogersHelps and see what they have to say. 

- Reported the issue to Rogers Facebook? Posting a public message on their wall elicits a very fast response. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've had similar ongoing On-Demand issues for the last few months - order a movie but it doesn't allow you to watch it, order a show and it starts to play but the image becomes pixelated and freezes, etc. This prompted several calls to Rogers to describe the issue to their technical support/customer service staff and I even had to put up with a CSR that told me that he would "let me" have a refund for a movie that I wasn't able to watch. So the issues have gotten worse and now I've learned that if you can't view the preview then there's no point in ordering the movie, because it won't work either.

Since the On-Demand service is now essentially not working I called their technical support line, and had a very helpful individal go through all of the diagnostic steps, and he escalated the issue to generate an in-house service call. The technician arrived and was very thorough in troubleshooting all of the possible issues, and in the end he came to the conclusion that since all three of my Rogers units could not access On-Demand programming the source of the problem is a system error. He also provided me with several ticket #'s which indicated that there was ongoing unresolved technical issues on a system level since mid-December and I could follow up with Rogers to find out about a rebate. I just spoke to Rogers staff and apparently I will be notified when the issue is resolved, and at that time I'll be offered a rebate. Unfortunately, there were no further details provided about when they expected a solution, how much of a rebate would be offered, or even how it would be communicated. So as it stands I am paying for On-Demand services that aren't actually available to me.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@12345678901, what TV package are you subscribed to? Some packages won't give you access to the on-demand versions of all channels you subscribe to. For example, the "Extra Plus" package has FX but doesn't allow you to access its on-demand version. It's incredibly dumb in my opinion, but hey, this is Rogers we're taking about...90% of what they do makes zero sense.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I guess thats my answer then.  I have Extra Plus.   You're right Rogers is dumb.  I subscribe to a channel I should be able to get it.  No worries I may just start to subscribe to less and start paying less.  Let my dollar do the talking.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My husband got off the phone with a technical agent as we were trying to watch a movie on rogers on demand channel 100 and it wasn't working. We waited 30 minutes to speak to someone and she could not help us. She let us know that it is fight night and there are a lot of 'error' messages. I am very unhappy with the service and the resolution. I pay a lot of money to have cable through Rogers (as well as our phone line and internet). 

I then logged on to rogers.com.  I tried to create a profile (as I do not have one) and that didn't work either.  I started an online chat with "Melissa" who redirected me (as she was the password helper) to a someone named "Haicha" who was very helpful to FINALLY get me to this point to send my message.  I started this process at 9pm and got here at 11:16.  That is absolutely ridiculous!

I am extrememly disappointed.  Haicha was helpful.....but not for my actual problem.  

Thanks

Sandie

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Anyone else getting this (Error #835MC)? It has been almost 2 months with no Shomi, on demand, kids on demand, etc. I have tried everything. Currently have a "ticket" open and some automated machine just keeps calling me every few daya saying the ticket is open. Have not even spoke to the "advanced technician" I was suppose to be escalated to,

nextbox 3.0 - birchmount/ellesmere

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, please see the following thread on the topic.  My post summarizes the experiences of some people who've been affected for many months (and who remain without access to ROD/Shomi, etc.).

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Keep bugging them.  The more they hear about it the more likely they may fix it. Also, ask for compensation since you're not getting the service you're paying for.  That also gives them more incentive to fix.