On Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: On Demand problems

Noticing the abundance of messages pertaining to compaints with Roger's TV, Cable, customer service, on this message board, I have a question: How efficient is Roger's at resolving or responding to our concerns to correct our annoying issues?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

If it's tier 1 support you need (password resets or arranging to turn in your equipment for any reason) Rogers has very fast and reliable service. That being said, if your issue is going to get escalated up for something more severe then it gets pretty bad. Rogers has no way for you to follow up on anything that goes beyond tier 1 and has no service level agreement in place with their customers to guarantee any sort of timeframe on which a resolution will be provided for any issues. Basically you get an auto update email/call every week saying "We're looking into this". In my experience calling customer support or seeking information via social outlets (this forum, Twitter, Facebook ect.) just leads to an offer of help at first, then instructions to move the conversation to private messaging in order to remove the conversation from public eye.

Again, this is based on my personal experience so it might not be this way for everyone. But I've been fairly polite an accomodating in my communications with Rogers and so far all that's happened is my auto generated emails have stopped and I can only assume the ticket was closed. I'm now on my 5th month of not having the On-Demand service I purchased but they have given me credit for the downtime (when I called and requested that).

TLDR: Rogers support is pretty bad above the "Have you reset the box?" front end guys.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have also been without all the OD services since November (TMNOD, ROD, etc).  The reason given for the issue is that Rogers loaded new firmware to STBs in November that was to allow watching OD from the various STBs in your home, rather than just the one you started on.  In typical Rogers fashion, this didn't work properly.  A fix was due in January for those people affected.  Not everyone was affected I guess because the download didn't get to every box, or perhaps it only affects homes with more than one STB.

Anyway, I called Rogers a few days ago since it still wasn't fixed.  The issue was escalated to IT at Rogers and Rogers called back a day later saying they needed more info from me - why I don't know. I called back and they again tried various "hits" to my 9865. I also have two 8300HDs exhibiting the same issue, so I know for a fact it's not my 9865.  Since they couldn't get it to work remotely, they sent a technician today. As expected, the technican could also do nothing since this is what's called a "White Board" issue, known by Rogers affecting a huge number of people.

I was quite upset to learn this because it was a waste of my time and the technician's time to come to my home when there was obviously nothing to be done at this end.  I called back, complained, the CSR was really nice and understood completely.  I also always mention at least one or two Navigatr issues when talking to the CSRs so they can note that as part of the call.

Good luck to anyone with OD issues.

PS. I have used the call-back feature several times in the past few months regarding this issue and it works well.

PPS. On my 9586 I was getting "Catalog Error 835MC". On my 8300HDs - CMOD55001.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

And now they have a nightmare on their hands
Steve
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Even though I was promised this would be fixed in 24-48 hours, it has not been fixed. I called back today (using the callback feature) and requested an update.

The CSR says it's still an open ticket and they don't really have an ETA for a fix. Thanks Rogers, it's only been 3 months so far.

I'm an Advisor

Thanks for the update, @57.  Very frustrating that users and REs have to pass information between each other and not get it from Rogers technical support as per thier 'callback promise'.

I am going to call tomorrow and demand to have my ticket escalated again.  I have called more than 12 times and sent tweets and DMs more than 15 times...but NO RESPONSE AT ALL FROM ANYONE including @CommunityHelps...not even an automated response.

What am I paying $500/month for?  Sorry for venting guys - so frustrated and fed up.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Still dead. No on demand at all. Seems they have the search function fixed. No good though if you cant go to on demand lol
Steve
I've Been Around

Hi, I'm having two issues with my Rogers cable boxes (I have two, both with the same issues). 1, when watching ROD, often the signal with become distorted and glitchy to the point the program is unwatchable. The signal basically stops. Pausing and starting the program does nothing. 2) The dubbing on the boxes is off, both on ROD and regular programming. 

I have tried resetting the boxes, to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks,

Alex

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

More than likely.. would be signal then.
May be good enough partially for regular TV.. but RoD requires an even better signal.

You would need to get a tech out.. to see if they can find the issue internally/to the box.. and then if not, excalate it upwards to maintenance to check the street, etc.

I'm an Advisor

Issues like this make me wonder why they don't use an IPTV stream for VOD...the stream would have no issues with a half-decent connection and would probably be easier and cheaper to maintain.