On Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: On Demand problems

@ChuckNorris

I can understand your frustration regarding this issue. There are some customers that are experiencing issues with OnDemand but we have to handle it case by case as not every issue is the same. There are many factors that can cause issues with OnDemand such as signal issues or equipment related hardware/software issues. If you already have a tickets escalated for this issue, I can certainly have a more detailed look into your account to see what we can do to troubleshoot further. Please send a PM to @CommunityHelps when you are online. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm Here A Lot

Ok, but is there not already a networking team or some such tier 2 or 3 team working on this issue already? 2+ months of a lingering issue make me think this has just been buried.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am wondering if anyone else is in the same situation as I am. I have a nextbox 3.0 PVR (I am in Ontario) and I have not been able to access the on demand features for months. I called in October 2015 and I was told that this was a known error. I get a call from their robot every two weeks thanking me for my patience and telling me the issue is not resolved and they are working on it. This is getting rediculous and I am wondering if anyone else is out there with the same problem.

I have had various errors over the past few months when trying to access the on demand service but for the past 6 weeks or so it tells me that "The on demand server is having difficulty playing the program you have selected".  This occurs when I select the program and tell it to play it.  I can't tell you how many times I have rebooted the box but that does nothing. 

Wondering if others have had this issue and if it has been resolved for them (and if so is there anyway I can get this fixed).

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Roamer55 I would get @CommunityHelps on this because it's a rerious problem and should be fixable. At the very least you should get a rate reduction until it's fixed.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Roamer55 wrote:  Wondering if others have had this issue and if it has been resolved for them (and if so is there anyway I can get this fixed).

Same unresolved problem here in Ottawa, problems since Nov. 2015, I've now phoned in twice.   A recent attempt at getting it resolved (Jan2nd) i at least got the ticket number for future reference.  This time the support desk person had me power off my 8642,  while she went through a re-authorization procedure as recommended by their technicians.  I was told to let the box fully reboot and not use ROD for at least an hour.  Three hours later i tried to access a PPV movie ..... drumroll .....   Loading ....  "The on demand server is having difficulty playing the program you have selected"   no joy.   I got the automated we're working on it message on Jan 4th.

This is a head end issue, I have good two way connectivity. All ROD free tv programs work, the previews work,  i just can't access the PPV movies and use my Rogers Rewards points.    I've reset the PPV pin,  it tells you when you enter the wrong one, and accepts the right one.  Then the dreaded .... Loading ....  "The on demand server is having difficulty playing the program you have selected"  

The automated call back system seems to function well...

I Plan to Stick Around

Update on my issue.  "The on demand server is having difficulty playing the program you have selected" 

The every other day phone calls for we're still working on it stopped.  No clearance call though.   So I tried the ROD PPV selection i'd been having problems with since November this past weekend and omg it actually played.    Nice to be able to use those Rogers Rewards points for something before they take them away in the summer.  

Now I tenatively await the Navigatr rollout they indicated should be happening shortly in my region. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Since August of 2015 we have not been able to watch Shomi in a flawless manner for the following reasons:

- Pink filters interrupting show quality - Not an issue with our television as it is brand new.

- Pixelation

- Programs not able to upload at this time. At peak watching times. Not loading or resetting at reasonable hours ie: 3am to 6am.

- Having to reboot modem on a regular basis. Doing so does not resolve this frustrating issue.

- Have tried calling Rogers on several occasions to only be placed in line of priority waiting period for no less than 15 to 25 minutes. Who has the time?

This service really requires some attention. To define Shomi as means of 'entertainment' is nothing but a complete incompetent service!

I've Been Here Awhile

Obviously, we are not the only Roger's customer's experiencing the same unresolved issues. Whether it be using RODPPV or not. A paid service should function properly or receive a hospitable credit.

I'm an Advisor

Like many on the forum, I have been having problems accessing and playing content from Video On Demand since November 21st.  I have been told repeatedly that my issue is being worked on; but I have not received a follow-up call or explanation as to WHY I am not receiving follow-up calls.

This is beyond frustrating, since Rogers has refused to discuss compensation until the problem is fixed.  How will I know when this is, considering that I have yet to receive call backs on ANY of the issues I have reported?

Rogers, you need to do better.

I'm Here A Lot

Mine's been down since October, all that's happened is the auto generated emails have stopped...