On Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: On Demand problems

Getting continue button before the end of On Demand program (Fargo).  Fix this please.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Suenoo,

There have been OnDemand problems since November 21, Rogers is aware of the issues and are working to fix it. 

I Plan to Stick Around

The on demand server is experiencing difficulty in playing the program you have selected.

The past 4 weekends i've tried to use points to watch a new release and can't.  4 weeks ago, I browsed the movies, redeemed a reward bonus online, went back to the PVR to enter the PIN to watch a movie and boom the 8642 box  rebooted.   After it it rebooted - ROD corrupt database error.   After Googling that error code  I didn't bother trying to watch until the database refreshed the following weekend.

I do not need to reset my box.  It's been hard reset, soft reset, power outage reset, reset again and again and i'm about to reset it out of the house along with Rogers services.  The 8642 PVR is so horribly slow and under powered and this ROD issue is driving me nuts.  

We are able to watch movie previews, Rogers on demand popular tv shows, etc.  I can cotrol my PVR with the Rogers App.  So Rogers on demand functions on everything but PPV / Rewards redemptions - two way communication is not an issue.

When I attempt to play 2 different movies over the past 3 weekends (several attempts), the ROD system accepts my PIN, the system indicates "loading" then .....

"The on demand server is experiencing difficulty in playing the program you have selected." 

Marvel - Age of Ultron or Mad Maxx both fail to play. Last weekend I reported the problem  via the phone, and RogersHelps .........  this weekend - the same issue no change. 

What's the on going difficulty the on demand server is experiencing Rogers ?   

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @jbrtyuo,

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing with the OnDemand service. Have you called in regarding this issue and gotten a ticket escalated? 

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

I phoned the help desk to report the problem two weekends ago.   At the time they offered a phone call back in 48hrs to advise the issue has been resolved.  But at that point Saturday movie night has come and gone.  I declined to recieve the 48hr callback,  but requested the ticket be pushed up for resolution.   The lady I was speaking with at the helpdesk indicated that would happen.   A week later the issue is still present.   I didn't phone in again this past weekend.  I wasn't in the mood to spend time talking to a help desk, when everything seems ok at my end, and the error message appears server side.  Also the Helpdesk person indicates my account (with billing via email) doesn't have an associated email ... my  faith in the process is limited.   I may try again this coming weekend. 

I've Been Around

Does anyone know whats going on with the On Demand services (ROD, Shomi, Movie Netork OD etc)

A couple of months ago I upgraded my rental PVR from NetBox 2 to NetBox 3. 

Two weeks ago none of the On Demand channels would work on my NetBox3. Called Tech support they said there was a known problem and it should be resolved shortly.

BTW All the On Demand servises work on my owned NetBox 2 PVR and HD teminals, on the smae cable outlet so its not signal or anything in my residance

Called them again, and the sent a tech out to replace my NetBox 3, he tried 4 different units with same result no On Demand, left me with my original NetBox 3, saying that they are working on the problems with the "A" team.

Called support again and asked to go back to a NetBox 2. They said they could not do that as I upgraded ??????

Very very frustrated and tempted to switch to Bell.

Thx

I'm a Regular

try calling in and asking for a signal strength test on your Nextbox 3.0... you will need the serial number

if you don't have a booster on your cable line where it enters your residence, ask Rogers to install one (assuming you're in a house or townhome).

I'm Here A Lot

Any updates on this issue? Mine is still out showing Server not available error on all on-demand channels.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @bobbaggs, any updates on the issues you were having? Please let me know. 

@ChuckNorris, Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Have you gone through the basic troubleshooting steps? Can you reboot the box? (Unplug power cord and plug it back in after 10 seconds). After the reboot, try getting back into OnDemand and let me know if it works. If not, I can run a signal test on your cable lines and proceed with further troubleshooting. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm Here A Lot

This has been an issue since the day I ordered a new cable package with on demand channels around the end of October. I have rebooted my box about 20 times now, a tech has been in to troubleshoot, he escalated the issue for me and then it was 2 months of me getting an auto generated "we are still working on this problem" email every week. I tried calling tech support which actually made the issue worse (I had 3 of 6 on demand channels working before calling, after I was left with all 6 not working). I did get a refund for the services that I never recieved but was something I had to request. It's entering the third month now that this issue has still been unresolved. As much as it sucks having the service down I can understand that these things happen, but what is really bothering me is Rogers lack of communication on the whole issue.

Is this something affecting many users that should have a resolution coming that will restore service to us all or are you dealing with this on a case by case basis?

Is there any sort of timeline on when a fix will be implemented?

Will a refund for the service that was sold but not delivered be automatically refunded or will that be something I'll have to haggle for?

Basically any answer other than "We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience as our technical teams work on a resolution.  We will keep you informed on the ticket status and will contact you as soon as an update is available." would be nice. As I stated previously, it's entering the third month of the service interruption. At this point I'm seeing if posting these questions on public sites (here & twitter) will help get this ball rolling as patience has seemed to have little to no effect at all.