On Demand problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

On Demand problems

I am a new Rogers customer & am very excited for the On Demand & Shomi services. The content is amazing.. when I can get it. At this moment tonight I can't get any On Demand or Shomi to work. A few nights ago none of the HD programming was working but some of the SD was.The last 2 nights none of the kids programming is available. tonight when we pick a show the screen goes black & nothing happens. I can't  see how restarting the boxes would make a difference because for most of the day it's working fine then at night it craps out. I'm in the east end of Toronto so signal problems shouldn't be an issue. 1 other frustrating thing is for instance I started watching The League & up to this week every episode from Season1-6 was available. Now only 1-5 is on the HD section while only 3 episodes of season 4 (out of 13) are available on SD. Kindly help please

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: On Demand problems

Welcome to the Community @JWillis

Are you getting any error pop ups? I would always suggest rebooting as the first step for ROD issues.

Any other suggestions @Gdkitty @OLDYELLR ?

Feel free to chime in Smiley Happy

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So we rebooted the upstairs PVR last night. All of the recorded shows diappeared & the shows that are scheduled to record are not even though they are still listed to do so. Please don't say reboot. As far as missing seasons for shows, they are still not showing as well after the reboot.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @JWillis,

It's strange that you lost all your recordings and settings by rebooting the box. That should not have happened unless you do a factory restore from the box. I can look further into this issue by running a diagnostic test on your cable lines to see if they are within spec. I'm going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Around

I am having the same problem, but some nights rebooting helps and some nights it does nothing. I have called and asked Rogers to help, but they have not answered back yet and I am still constantly rebooting, praying I can watch a show on demand. Has anyone else had this problem and gotten it fixed? Really sick of rebooting my cable box.

So far, we've changed cable boxxes, rebooted far too many times to count and it keeps coming back. The really weird part, the cable box in the basement never has a problem. This is what I get to watch On Demand. Fun!

20151112_172917_resized.jpg

I'm a Senior Advisor

This has to be a signal issue.  OD needs a good 2-way connection.

Check your signal strength.  Hold EXIT on your remote until the power light blinks.  Then press DOWN DOWN 2.  Look at your Power(dBmV) number.  White numbers mean a good strong signal.  Yellow means its pushing the bounds of acceptability.  Red means a poor signal.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @RobandJen,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

I can certainly look into your account and run a diagnostic test on your cable lines to determine if your signals are in spec.

Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

I redeemed points tonight so as to watch a movie. Rogers on demand is not working. It hangs, and then shuts off the next box. Three reboots later, no difference.

Hello, @Jejans

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post. Is it not working after it loads the movie? Are you able to play other videos from On Demand?

Thank you for rebooting the box. I can try to reinitialize the box, addressing the issue involves in accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from CommunityHelps.

Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Thank you for understanding!

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm confused now. I went through 3 reboots and gave up. We are watching previously recorded programs because we could not access anything on Rogers on demand. When it started to load our movie, the next box turned itself off. I'm not happy about redeeming points and then not getting to watch a movie. We've moved on. We won't watch a movie tonight.