On Demand missing episodes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: On Demand missing episodes

Why does on demand show all episodes except ep #1???
American crime??
Fargo??
I have VIP package AND I pay EXTRA for HBO !!
What's the point of watching a series on demand when episodes 1 are missing???
Total money grab BS!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm guessing that, similar to other programming, there is a time-limit set on the "rights" that Rogers obtains for each type of programming.

For example, I looked at Fargo on-demand, season 3 and only found episodes 4, 5, so the rights for the previous episodes may have already expired.

If you ever miss a programme, I suggest you view it ASAP.

I quickly looked at the web and it appears that you can obtain certain episodes there, but some are geoblocked, or require subscription, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

Better Call Saul is no longer listed on Rogers on demand, even though the current season isn't over.  What happened?

I asked about this on Rogers live chat, but the bot on the other end wasn't helpful.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@singlescanner

I just checked and I found Saul with no issues - channel 100, channels, then AMC - and there is was. The last episode listed was #8. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, I should have written that I was referring to the web interface at http://www.rogersondemand.com/.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The rights are negotiated separately for each type of interface.

SD TV

HD TV

OD

OD via computer

Streaming via computer

etc.

It looks like the rights for Saul were not negotiated at this time for OD via computer.  It may come later. In the meantime, looks like you'll need to use ROD via the STB, or perhaps stream from a different website.

I Plan to Stick Around

There first 7 episodes of the current season were available at http://www.rogersondemand.com.

It seems very unlikely that the rights for most, but not all, of a season would have been purchased.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So, what you're saying is that the first 7 were there  (Web OD) and now nothing is there?  I looked and found several different programmes under AMC, but not Saul.  Perhaps there is some re-arrangement going on, or perhaps it was a mistake to have them there (Web OD) in the first place.

I Plan to Stick Around

Better Call Saul found!

Well, episode 8 just turned up on the web site, a week after the original airing.

I think it is odd that they remove all mention of the program if there is no episode available.  You'd think they would want people to know what content is potentially available.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good to see.  There is other programming there now that wasn't there this morning.  Looks like Rogers reads and acts on these posts in this forum sometimes - especially if it's something easy to fix.

I have found several of my comments on the IPG or AnyPlace acted upon in the past within a day.