Got an email last week telling us that the latest James Bond movie "Spectre" was on Rogers on Demand. Settled in to watch it last Friday night. Very accustomed to using ROD. After searching for awhile, went into live chat with one of your agents. He told me that the movie was there on his menu. There were 17 new releases on his menu. Only 14 on ours. Having spent an hour at that point, trying to resolve the problem, we gave up. We have checked periodically and the movie is still not available. Can you provide any info? We have already reset our cable box several times.
I have a box that has HD. We have a package with HD channels.
No. It's not there. I have checked under new releases both HD and otherwise and movies in general.
Strange, I am seeing it on my HD terminal and PVRs (8642 and 9865). What cable box model do you have?
HD dual tuner DVR. DCX3510-M. Does any of that mean anything to you?
It does, tells me what type of set top box (cable box) you have. I don't have this model, but you should be seeing the content. You should call this into 1-888-ROGERS-1 and push hard - Rogers should be able to determine why you can't see it and fix the problem (they will want to send a technician out to check signal levels, splitters, amplifiers/boosters, etc).
- Do you have other cable boxes in the house? (do they have the same problem?).
- Is this a 'rented' or 'owned' box? If rented, would you be willing to exchange it for another box at the Rogers Plus store? (what province are you in?).
In Newfoundland. Box is rented. Could exchange it if I need to. Second cable box in my house. Don't have access to it at the moment. I will check it out & contact Rogers. Thanks for your time & help.
No worries - here in Ontario, they usually:
- Send a technician out to check and fix your wiring (replacing as needed), splitters, boosters and amplifiers.
- Recommend that you swap your box for another one to rule out hardware issues.
- Escalate and report back to customer. Rogers may second a second technician who can check the cable distribution node (small, vertical box that feeds multiple homes) in front of the home to check for faults.
- Escalate and report back to higher levels as needed.
I hope everything works out for you!