On Demand missing episodes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: On Demand missing episodes

Got an email last week telling us that the latest James Bond movie "Spectre" was on Rogers on Demand. Settled in to watch it last Friday night. Very accustomed to using ROD. After searching for awhile, went into live chat with one of your agents. He told me that the movie was there on his menu. There were 17 new releases on his menu. Only 14 on ours. Having spent an hour at that point, trying to resolve the problem, we gave up. We have checked periodically and the movie is still not available. Can you provide any info? We have already reset our cable box several times. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which cable box?

Wondering if you have only an SD box? (and maybe its HD only?) something like that.

I'm Here A Lot

I have a box that has HD. We have a package with HD channels. 

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Jamescarroll,

Try channel 100, then Movies > JAMES BOND 007 > Daniel Craig.  "SKYFALL (HD)" appears for me - do you see it?

I'm Here A Lot

No. It's not there. I have checked under new releases both HD and otherwise and movies in general. 

I'm an Advisor

Strange, I am seeing it on my HD terminal and PVRs (8642 and 9865).  What cable box model do you have?

I'm Here A Lot

HD dual tuner DVR. DCX3510-M. Does any of that mean anything to you?

I'm an Advisor

It does, tells me what type of set top box (cable box) you have.  I don't have this model, but you should be seeing the content.  You should call this into 1-888-ROGERS-1 and push hard - Rogers should be able to determine why you can't see it and fix the problem (they will want to send a technician out to check signal levels, splitters, amplifiers/boosters, etc).

Questions:

- Do you have other cable boxes in the house? (do they have the same problem?).

- Is this a 'rented' or 'owned' box? If rented, would you be willing to exchange it for another box at the Rogers Plus store? (what province are you in?).

I'm Here A Lot

In Newfoundland. Box is rented. Could exchange it if I need to. Second cable box in my house. Don't have access to it at the moment. I will check it out & contact Rogers. Thanks for your time & help.

I'm an Advisor

No worries - here in Ontario, they usually:

- Send a technician out to check and fix your wiring (replacing as needed), splitters, boosters and amplifiers.

- Recommend that you swap your box for another one to rule out hardware issues.

- Escalate and report back to customer.  Rogers may second a second technician who can check the cable distribution node (small, vertical box that feeds multiple homes) in front of the home to check for faults.

- Escalate and report back to higher levels as needed.

I hope everything works out for you!

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats