On Demand Shows Ending Before Completion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sektor
I've Been Around

Re: On Demand Shows Ending Before Completion

I have been having that issues constantly on different showed! We also had our box changed recently because every time we watched a recorded show the show would freeze or crash...and the new (most likely recycled box) has the same
Issue. It’s utterly disappointing and frustrating that I am paying for something that that doesn’t work!!
RogersTim

Hey @Sektor,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Missing your favourite show whether it is on Rogers On Demand or a recording because of technical issues is frustrating. Please have a look at @57's post about playback issues, found here. Most playback issues stem from a signal issue.

Please send us a PM to @CommunityHelps and we can test your signal out. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find the instructions here

RogersTim

SharoninTO
I've Been Here Awhile

Just happened with latest Chicago PD episode. So frustrating. I have to watch the whole thing over again in order to watch the ending?? Grr.
RogersZia

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @SharoninTO,

I know missing the end can ruin the experience for sure :(. Was this a one time issue or have you noticed this occurring on more than one occasion? Have you tried watching it through again only to have it cut off at the same point?

In order for us to find a solution for you, we'd like to attempt to replicate the issue on our end. Can you provide us with the affected programs and episode number as well as the approximate point you noticed it cut off?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

SharoninTO
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for reaching out to me. I did watch it again. Played it on my tv and watched something else on my phone until I got back to my spot where I left off. It did happen again but when I paused it and restarted it, it starting playing again. At the end of the day, I got to see the ending. This was not the first time it’s happened but my first time that I reached out.
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

It's because of such anomalies that I hardly watch anything on ROD anymore. If I miss getting a recording I don't waste my with ROD but grab a torrent and watch it on my smart TV. Depending on the network and their contract with Rogers, you can FF some shows but not others. For example, Dragon's Den on CBC you can FF anytime, probably because it's taxpayer funded, but Blue Bloods on CTV is full of commercials and you can't FF any of it.  But in either case you can stop or exit and it will save your place so you can go back and continue watching without staring over. It's cases where it crashes before the end and doesn't save that are annoying and why people don't like it.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Karclarke
I've Been Here Awhile

Same thing is happening to me when watching CTV. Will be cancelling cable soon anyhow, but it would be nice to have the service I pay for.
RogersTony

Hello, @Karclarke

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It's disappointing to hear that you are planning to cancel your services due to the issues you've reported. I would be very frustrated if the ending of my favourite shows was constantly being cut off so I definitely want to help you find a solution to this.

• Does this issue only happen when watching CTV On Demand or does it happening on other channels as well? 
  • Does it seem to only happen on certain programs and on certain episodes or all programs and all episodes you've seen thus far?

We may need to escalate a Ticket to replicate and investigate this issue so if you can provide us with the Program names & Episode numbers we can start investigating.

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

Karclarke
I've Been Here Awhile

Only CTV so far. Started happening on The Rookie Season 2, episode 9 and 10
RogersCorey

Good morning @Karclarke!

Thank you for letting us know. Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that we can launch a ticket to find out why these shows are ending early.

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey