On Demand Problem: Cannot access ShowCase On Demand

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: On Demand Problem: Cannot access ShowCase On Demand

Hello OLDYELLR,

Agreed - very annoying when recent content is not posted on channel 100 in a timely manner.  Many of my contacts have run into the same problem; I recommended they purchase low-cost tablets or laptops and leave them permanently connected to their TVs (I use an off-lease Dell desktop, circa 2010).

In this case, you could use the tablet or laptop to visit the A&E website and stream the content you missed.

I am also seeing an increasing number of people purchasing low-end eReaders & Windows tablets to accomplish the same thing.

I'm a Regular

So what you guys are saying is that if you don't have the VIP package you can't watch certain channels on On Demand even if you can watch them live?

This is the stupidest thing I've seen since yesterday.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Not every show you sreceive is available On Demand, for you, or anybody else subscribing to an even higher package.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Cap07 wrote:

So what you guys are saying is that if you don't have the VIP package you can't watch certain channels on On Demand even if you can watch them live?

This is the stupidest thing I've seen since yesterday.

As outlined in post 5 of this thread.  (Solution)...and subsequent posts.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As an FYI, the various means by which programming is brought to you needs to be negotiated separately between the content provider (broadcaster) and the service provider (Rogers).   For example, each of the following may require separate negotiations and payments.

- Standard definition channel,

- High definition channel,

- Time-shift channel,

- On-demand programming,

- "Free" access to programming via the internet for Rogers' customers,

- etc.

So, although it may not make immediate sense to some people to limit programming to certain customers, the customers who pay more and subscribe to different packages, may have different access rights, even for what some may deem as "identical" programming.

I'm a Regular

Alrighty, so...

I'm tired of paying what I pay for cable (I have the VIP package and I also subscribe to TMN/HBO). I fleas recently notified that my TMN add-on is going up $3 (from $17 to $20). I want to save the $20 by switching to the Extra Plus package, which includes TMN/HBO at no extra charge. I don't need the additional channels that VIP offers over Extra Plus...the Extra Plus channel lineup will serve me just fine. BUT, I need access to on-demand of most channels I DO watch (e.g. AMC, Viceland, ShowCase, FX, etc). Does anyone (particularly a Rogers employee) know if Rogers has changed things for the better and now allows customers of the "Extra" packages to access on-demand content from all channels included in those packages? Or is it the same illogical and ridiculous practice of not allowing access to some on-demand channels?
I've Been Here Awhile

Showcase on demand

So I'm seeing commercials for showcase on demand saying that with your Rogers/Shaw/etc. subscription, you can access certain movies and shows. Right now they claim to have all the Star Wars movies. I do have access to showcase on demand, but none of the advertised films are available. Literally, the only movie available to watch is Transformers: Age of Extinction. There's also a handful of shows, like the long-cancelled Haven and Continuum, and a few new episodes of Hawaii Five-0 and MacGyver. What gives? Where are the Star Wars movies? Why am I not able to access what the commercials offer?

Good evening @A_J,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post 🙂.

Having all the movies available in one place is great for a binge-watcher like me! I just checked on my end and I am able to view the Star Wars movies on Showcase on Demand. I also had a colleague check for the same on Ignite TV and they had access to the movies too.

This is really odd. May I know where you're located? Does your cable subscription include Showcase? Would you please take a screen shot of the titles available to you on Showcase on Demand and share it here? 

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I subscribe to VIP, which includes Showcase. I can access Showcase on demand, but there is very little available to watch, and nothing that is advertised is available. These images show what's available.

https://imgur.com/a/L3Momy3 As you can see, there is only one movie, The Transformers. I am in St. John's, Newfoundland.TLZN0lE.jpgTLZN0lE.jpg

Hello, @A_J.

Thank you for uploading the screen captures; it's quite helpful to understand the matter. We can submit a ticket for you so that the support team can look into the missing assets. 

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 in conversation