On Demand Problem: Cannot access ShowCase On Demand

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

On Demand Problem: Cannot access ShowCase On Demand

I can watch ShowCase on TV at channel 484, but I can't access ShowCase programs through Roger On Denmand. It says "You are not subscribed to this channel. To order ..."

Why can't I access ShowCase ON Demand?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: On Demand Problem: Cannot access ShowCase On Demand

Hi @thefez

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Have you tried rebooting your digital box? Are you able to access other channels under Rogers On Demand?

Let us know and we can assist!

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

I can access many other channels on ROD like AMC, TMN, HBO, City, Global, CTV. Howver, there are other ShowCase, FX, A&E that I cannot access.  However I actually have access to those channels for live TV and can record them with my PVR.  But it would be nice to access ROD content for those channels.

I have two of the latest digital boxes, one regular and one PVR. I get the same behaviour on both, I have also rebooted and even did a factory-reset on them (from the Troubleshooting menu under Settings). So its definitely on the  boxes.

@thefez

We can take a closer look into this for you. If you are still experiencing this issue, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can troubleshoot further.

@RogersPrasana

I'm a Regular

Hi, I'm not sure why nobody (especially the Rogers employees) has bothered to ask you what TV package you're subscribed to.  From the sounds of your problem, you're probably subscribed to one of the "Extra" packages - e.g. Extra Plus, Extra Lifestyle, Extra Sports, etc.  Some channels (like FX, Showcase, etc) are not available On Demand with those Extra packages even though you can watch those channels live.  It makes absolutely ZERO sense, but hey, we're talking about Rogers here, so the lack of logic is considered normal Smiley Happy  In order to be able to watch all of those channels you mentioned AND access them On Demand, you would need to be on the VIP package.

I'm a Senior Advisor

thefez wrote:

I can access many other channels on ROD like AMC, TMN, HBO, City, Global, CTV. Howver, there are other ShowCase, FX, A&E that I cannot access.  However I actually have access to those channels for live TV and can record them with my PVR.  But it would be nice to access ROD content for those channels.

I have two of the latest digital boxes, one regular and one PVR. I get the same behaviour on both, I have also rebooted and even did a factory-reset on them (from the Troubleshooting menu under Settings). So its definitely on the  boxes.

I have the VIP package and just checking "TV Shows" on ROD, I also don't see ShowCase, FX or A&E there. In fact, I missed the last episode of Bates Motel on A&E I had scheduled in a time slot after the "new" episode due to a conflict and it didn't record because it had been moved to a different time slot. When I looked on ROD, A&E wasn't there, so I had to find a torrent of the episode.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

Hello @OLDYELLR, try:

- Channel 209.  I see many VIP channels listed, including A&E, ShowCase and FX. 

- Channel 100 > Channels > VIP on Demand.

Note:

- Channel 100 & 209: Bates Motel S4 E5 is available to watch, but nothing else.

- RogersOnDemand.com: Bates Motel S4 E5-E7 are are available to watch (LINK).

Rogers: I understand that you want to highlight the benefits of VIP, but why not put those VIP tiles on the main "Channels" screen? Add "VIP" button to graphic and text to differentiate between "VIP" and "Standard" cable.

Would be easier to find content without having to dig through sub-menus.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@robindp Thanks for the link to Bates Motel on RAPTV, but since I have a Smart TV, I'd rather watch it on the big screen, which I can if I download a torrent.

However I have an SA8300HD PVR with the SARA interface and my ROD is different.  I don't see Channels > VIP on Demand, I see TV Shows under which I have

Global

City

CBC

CTV

AMC

VICELAND

TMN Free Preview

Super Channel Preview

Ambient

BET

CNN

OWN

TLC

The Being Frank Show

WTVA

Travel and Escape

... a whole bunch of others, even some old Navigatr how to clips, but no A&E.

Using the search function for "BATES" comes up with nothing, so it looks like ROD on the 8300 is crippled or A&E was never added.  Smiley Mad

Oddly, even though Channel 209 is supposed to be "VIP on demand" for me, it's actually "DEAL$" whatever that is and it's not authorized. Searching through all my channels, I see a lot of On Demand channels, but no A&E.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @OLDYELLR,

I just checked my 8300HD, and channel 209 appears and loads as VIPOD - "Bates Motel" S4E4 & S4E5 is available to watch (but not E6 or E7).

I am in Brampton North (410E/Bovaird).

I'm a Senior Advisor

It was E7 I missed, so even if I could get the proper ROD on 209, it would have been no good.

It annoys me that some shows appear on ROD within a week, while others take a lot longer, to the point where it's useless for catching missed episodes. I'm okay with delaying watching the newest recorded episode of a series I'm following if I can catch the one before that I missed on ROD, but I wouldn't want to save 6 episodes until the missing one shows up. 

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 in conversation