No sound

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason06
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: No sound

It’s no sound or the picture it self is off lots of pinks and purples
I have tried different Rogers boxes thinking that was the problem but it didn’t fixit
The only solution is to go into settings go to trouble shoot and reset factory settings everything goes back to normal but not for long
There is nothing else plugged to this tv except my Rogers box which is contested via the HDMI cable provided
Jason06
I've Been Here Awhile

I have tried numerous different Rogers boxes thinking this was the problem which it was not nothing else is connected to the TV except for the Rogers cable box which is connected via the HDMI wire provided the only way of fixing this problem is going into settings scrolling to troubleshoot and reset to factory settings but this is only a temporary solution as the problem comes back
All other TVs work fine with the Rogers box
All streaming channels also work fine on this TV Netflix Disney+ etc. only the cable well those sound or picture will be mixed up vibrant colours pinks and purples sound will be at maximum no mute button is pushed Let me know if Rogers has a solution thank you
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jason06 wrote:

This leads me to believe you have a poor (HDMI) connection or a bad HDMI cable. Try unplugging the cable at both ends a few times and replugging to perhaps remove any oxidation of the contacts in the cable or at the TV or box ends. Or try a different (known working) HDMI cable.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

@Jason06 wrote:

This leads me to believe you have a poor (HDMI) connection or a bad HDMI cable. Try unplugging the cable at both ends a few times and replugging to perhaps remove any oxidation of the contacts in the cable or at the TV or box ends. Or try a different (known working) HDMI cable.

As well as trying another HDMI port on the TV as well, in case thats the issue as well.

Cath5
I've Been Around

I am having this same problem.  Last night there was no volume / sound on my TV but my Netflix works fine.  What did. you find out for the previous person who asked this question?

RogersMoin

Hello, @Cath5.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 

Thank you for joining this conversation. Have you tried any of the fixes suggested in this thread? Like trying different HDMI port, reseating the HDMI or trying a different HDMI cable. Can you also provide the cable box's model?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

waters1
I've Been Around

Re: No sound on NextBox ( connected to an LG television )

Wow ! I'm so glad that I found your post !

I have a Rogers NextBox attached to an LG TV. One day the sound went out when using the NextBox. However, the LG TV sound worked fine when using direct apps like Netflix or Amazon Prime, so it was obvious to me that the problem was the Rogers NextBox. ( Wrong ! )

I tried everything on the NextBox. Rebooted it 4 times. Disconnected all of the power cords to the NextBox and reconnected. Called the Rogers toll-free automated number and had the NextBox re-authorized. Tried every dumb thing with the NextBox remote. The Audio button ; Settings Menu ; etc. Still had no sound after two days. My next step was going to be to take the NextBox back to the Rogers store and have them replace it.

But, I thought that I should first check the web for suggestions and solutions. Found this Rogers Community Forum. Tried a few ideas that didn't work, and then I came across this post. 

I unplugged the LG television for 30 seconds and plugged it back in, and the sound was back on the Rogers NextBox  !!

Moral of the story :  Don't be so sure that you have localized the source of a problem when dealing with interconnected electronics.