No sound

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: No sound

Thank you for responding. Problem is solved. The audio button located in the top right corner was pressed. I noticed that after some trouble shooting which included a box/pvr reboot.

Thanks again
I've Been Around

I am also having problems with the sound. Apple TV works with sound, butnotcable.

I have already tried what was suggested but it is still not working

Hello, @Me1001.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. No audio output can surely be disappointing; we can look into finding the solution for you. Would you please provide the following info?

• What is the model of the cable box?
  • Have you made any changes prior to experiencing no audio? Like adding an AV receiver or changing any cable etc. 
  • Do you have any device between the cable box and the TV?
  • Are you using HDMI cable?
  • Are you using multiple remotes?
  • Have you checked if the mute is on?
  • If the cable box is a PVR, have you tried playing any recorded program?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Hi there

Was this ever resolved? I have the same issue tonight. Worked for the last 2 years but now no sound from either 4K or HD box. Picture works perfectly.
I'm Here A Lot

The only thing i can think of is a power serge. I think that there was a power serge that hit the pvr and it messed up the audio frequency in the tv. I had to buy a hdmi adapter and that helped boost the signal. That did the trick. The guy at rogers told ke the older pvr have no serge protection.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alimvellani wrote:
...The guy at rogers told ke the older pvr have no serge protection.

None of the Rogers boxes (or the boxes from any providers) have surge protection. If you have a PVR I always recommend plugging it into the battery side of a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), which will keep the PVR up during a power failure, precluding a Hard Drive crash if the hard drive is working at the time. Other equipment, like a TV, that uses more power should be plugged into the "surge only" side of the UPS, but the UPS will provide some surge protection for everything plugged into it, although a major surge may damage any equipment that is plugged in at the time the power comes back on.  That's why if there is a long power outage, you unplug all the electronics in your home until after the power comes back on and the voltage has stabilized.  A small UPS can usually be purchased for $50 or less on sale.

I wouldn't have thought that would affect the audio though. I would expect there may be a poor connection at the HDMI cable in which case unplugging and replugging the cable at both ends may help remove any oxidation which may lead to poor contacts/signal and no audio (or video) in some cases. Also, a box reboot may help with the situation.  You can also try going into the Settings - Audio menu and switch the audio options to "other" if on Dolby Digital or vice versa, then back again to your preferred setting - this may "wake up" the connection.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I had this issue with an LG TV.  One day, no sound.  It was an odd problem because Chromcast worked with no issues on all HDMI ports.  But Rogers Cable Box was a no go. 

I did the following; 

1. Tested with an alternate HDMI Cable - No Change. (Always start with the simple)
  2. Plugged in a laptop - No signal at all!
  3. Took the Rogers Cable Box AND the Laptop AND the same HDMI Cable to an alternate TV and everything worked!  This issue in my mind was now isolated to the TV.
  4. I looked through the LG TV Manual for a RESET to Factory Default settings procedure but there wasn't one.
  5. Called LG and they told me to turn off the power of the TV, UNPLUG the TV from the wall, push and HOLD the power button for 15 seconds while power was Disconnected, and reconnect everything.

I now have a fully functional LG TV, Rogers Cable box, Chromecast and Laptop.

Hope this helps someone else!