No issues with Nextbox3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

No issues with Nextbox3

I've been hearing nothing but horror stories about the Nextbox 3 yet I've had mine for a month and not one problem. No reboot required, no outages. Just works everytime. Did I just get lucky?

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: No issues with Nextbox3

I donno.

There are definately people who report problems.   There are definately more than ONE person that reports the same problems... so its just not always ONE OFF type of problem.

BUT, there are a bunch who DON'T have issues with it either.  I know 6 people with one, and none of us with any major problems.

(once an a while, a reboot to clear up the missing items in the display list.... but not like some others who have reported who need to reboot like 2-3 times a night just to watch something).

I dont know if its a FLUKE of bad boxes.. or what specifics are causing it in some and not others.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I've had my NB3 for about 9 months and no real issues.  As Gdkitty says, the recorded items display list does get messed up once in a while.  It seems to be messed up when displaying by title, but seems OK if displaying by date.  When it happens I just display by date until I am not recording anything and then reboot the box.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Some people might argue that it has nothing to do with issue.. but just an observation.

Some people i have heard have some major issues.. both with just the box and with whole home with it.. are over 70% full.

That in itself is suprising to me.. considering that the box holds 2x as much as the NB2 bigest unit did.  And that was when it was on the Mpeg2 compression.  Now that its using the mpeg4.. it gets almost 2x as much.

So not sure, if people NOT experiencing, have much less filled?

(I have an extender on mine too.. so i have like 15 hours HD on there and only at like 3% :P)