No Fox News Channel in Premier TV Package

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

No Fox News Channel in Premier TV Package

I have Ignite premier but no channel 113. Have every other news channel. Why is 113 a specialty channel.

**Labels Added**

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: No Fox News Channel in Premier TV Package

Last I remember.. there are a number of channels, Fox news, sun news, etc... which don't meet the CRTC requirements for being an official NEWS channel.  sun news was trying to get added to part of the mandatory for the skinny basic, and it didnt go through.

So its considered an extra channel I guess.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Sun news channel ceased to exist about four years ago.
I think it is Rogers choice to make Fox News an add on. I understand, though I could be wrong, that Bell includes it in Most packages.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @jays77,

Check out this link: https://video.foxnews.com/v/5614615980001/#sp=watch-live

You can create an account and stream for free.  Please note: I have not tested this and don't know if it will work from Canada (the 10 minute 'free preview' works, and the quality is good).

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thanks for taking time to post the link.  It may be helpful for those looking for access to Fox news.  For me I really don't have much interest Fox and am getting fed up with CNN as well.  Trump overload form both.  Smiley Sad

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @jays77 - my bad, the post was intended for @Rondo1981.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If Fox News is not included in your package, that's not the end of the world, simply call them up and ask, hey, how much more does it cost to add fox news to my account, if you are okay with the price tell them you want it and ask them to make it effective right away.

Same with other channels like Squirrel News, Peacock News, Cable News Network, Microsoft NBC News Network, BNN Bloomberg News. and so on. Note: not all the channels I mentioned will be available in canada.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

@Rondo1981 wrote:

I have Ignite premier but no channel 113. Have every other news channel. Why is 113 a specialty channel.

**Labels Added**

Channel is there. Its one of those Flex channels that you need to add by swapping with some other channel. Its done in My Rogers portal.