No 5.1 audio on HDGLB

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No 5.1 audio on HDGLB

No 5.1 audio on HDGLB and TCTV2.
I am off the Scarlett Rd. headend. (PT004)

***Added Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: No 5.1 audio on HDGLB

Yep, known issue since July. I'm pretty sure it's a Global and CTV issue though, not Rogers.  Contact them with your concerns.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/37-rogers-cable-tv/227306-rogers-channel-discussion-thread-16.html#...

I've seen it mostly on Global, although I've occasionally seen it on CTV News at 11.  The Football game currently on is DD5.1 on CTV, but the game on CTV2 is in DD2.0. Since Rogers can certainly transmit DD5.1 and most HD channels are DD5.1, I suspect Global and CTV2, however, strange things can happen.  Perhaps you need to contact all the parties involved.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It should be the responsibility of Rogers POC to resolve this with the broadcaster, not the subscriber. I can check it off-air, but so can Rogers.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I confirmed that OTA is fine (5.1 Dolby digital) while Rogers is only 2 channel.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In that case I suggest you use Rogers Share a Concern. This is the office of the president and I have found them usually to be quite responsive.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

I only ever watch the 11PM news for a short while, so I don't care if it's DD2.0 or not. Good Luck.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Done.
I also added GLFHD to the complaint, as I noticed the picture quality is well below par,( pardon the pun), and the picture breaks up with full screen movement.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I would say nothing will be done.  I lost DD 5.1 on CTV last March and Global on June 10, was always for sports and other events in DD 5.1.  I also sent a concern to Rogers, the answer was it was the broadcaster.  Funny thing is that CTV on Ignite TV is in DD 5.1 (except recordings, lol)

Here is my thread about it :  https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/CTV-Kitchener-Channel-12-Waterloo-Region/m-p/442902

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not a word from Rogers, on any of the issues I mentioned. Not even an acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint.
I have been a Cable TV subscriber since cable first came to Toronto in the '60's, but now, every month I reconsider my decision to continue.
Alternative services are more impressive every month.

Highlighted

Good morning @RRF1!

Welcome to our Community! If you're made a formal complaint and spoke with our tech support about this issue, then we should have an explanation for you once that ticket is closed.

I would be more than happy to look into this particular audio issue for you and provide any updates we have available. Please PM us @CommunityHelps for further assistance. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

I am from Markham Ontario and I no longer have DD5.1 from HDGLB as well. I tried contacting Rogers Tech Support but so far they said they do not see a problem on their side, which is not reassuring to say the least.

Thanks for any help you can provide.