Nextbox3.0 freezing on playback

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Nextbox3.0 freezing on playback

Thanks for the info @RogersCorey .  I can see where someone sending out thousands of spam emails would strain the system. But there are lots of politicians sending those currently and lots of organizations mass emailing subscribers. Would they need a higher level internet access?  On Sunday I watched a streaming video with over 1000 others watching. Could this neighbour have been doing something like that which caused the problem?

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

Hello, @OLDYELLR

It would be difficult to determine if that specific type of activity would cause these issues. We would need to run some tests on the Node that services the area to see if there is significant noise congestion affecting the Node that aligns with the same time frame that issues were experienced.

It's always recommended to document the approximate time stamp when issues are noticed so we can refer to that timeframe to what we are seeing on our testing. 

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Netbox CAV10455HD 4KPVR Freezing on playback and VOD

My owned and out of warranty Netbox 4K PVR CAV10455HD ver 1.1 is giving us trouble.  Tuner(s) works fine, but playback of anything recorded periodically freezes and VOD will just seize up.  In both cases only solution to fix is to pull power cord. (or some secret button press I do not know)

It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen, it happens in bursts.  Its maddening.  Anyone have any ideas or where to look for repair?

note: I rented a new box from Rogers and it works fine.

edit:clarity

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@zzzzzzzzzzzzz5 wrote:

1. playback of anything recorded periodically freezes

2. VOD will just seize up. 

3. In both cases only solution to fix is to pull power cord. (or some secret button press I do not know)

1. Could perhaps be a hard drive failure.  Do you hear any "clicking" from the hard drive instead of the normal soft whooshing?

2. Check your signal strength or call Rogers and have them check it.  Boxes can be different, so another box may work while this one doesn't. See following link:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

3. Press Settings, scroll up one to Troubleshooting, select reboot box (don't do a factory reset unless you want everything deleted from your box).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

1. Could perhaps be a hard drive failure.  Do you hear any "clicking" from the hard drive instead of the normal soft whooshing?

2. Check your signal strength or call Rogers and have them check it.  Boxes can be different, so another box may work while this one doesn't. See following link:

3. Press Settings, scroll up one to Troubleshooting, select reboot box (don't do a factory reset unless you want everything deleted from your box).

Thanks,

1) No clicking, it is quiet

2) Read though all of this, what should the strength be? or the S/N ratio is 39.7 (and which screen to read the signal strength?)

3) Have rebooted endlessly, did not do factory reset but dont care about recorded shows

also, from reading the links and other posts, I realized this box was set to 1080p.  So I switched to 1080i.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@zzzzzzzzzzzzz5 wrote: ...what should the strength be? or the S/N ratio is 39.7 (and which screen to read the signal strength?)

From the link in the link, paragraph number 7, 8.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/30-57s-home-theatre-faqs/17719-57-faq-tips-sa-cisco-stbs-also-pace....

You may wish to give Rogers a call.  Signal issues may be intermittent, in which case it takes diligence and luck to find the problem...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@57 wrote:

From the link in the link, paragraph number 7, 8.

You may wish to give Rogers a call.  Signal issues may be intermittent, in which case it takes diligence and luck to find the problem...

Thanks, I went right over those lines without understanding them.

Modulation: QAM-256

Frequency(MHZ): 153.000

RFPower(dbmv): 1.8

S/N (dnmv): 39.70

State: Locked

Seconds: 5495

I will monitor these, wish there was some way to log it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My nextbox freezes for a couple minutes many times a day. During this time you can't change channels, switch off the box.  If you hit any controls such as volume , channel change etc then when it undresses it goes through all the commands you pushed until it goes back to live tv.

I contacted tech help via messenger and he had a tech come out to check the outside lines as he said he saw a low signal at the box. The tech said he replaced the connectors at the pedistal and the grey box on the side of the house and that the signal was better now.

He left and about 2 hrs later it froze again.

I got the same tech on messenger and he confirmed the signal was better with the changes so he said it wasn't outside problems.

The box we have upstairs never froze up while watching it so I myself think the box was the problem.

He wanted me to hook it up to the upstairs line , but that meant having to sit up there for hours on end to see if it freezes, plus it meant crawling around behind the TV's to do the hook ups and as I have a disability it is hard for me to get up and down to keep changing these boxes around. He also suggested to rent another box from Rogers ( I own this box) and swap with my box to see if it freezes with the rental box, which would entail crawling and exchanging the box again.

I bit the bullet and set the box back to factory settings and it seemed to work for a day and now it's back to freezing.

This happens on any channel and is not just one particular channel.

Anybody have any ideas ?? 

I'd like to try the box change but don't want to be running back and forth to the Rogers store as I'm trying not to go anywhere with this virus as I'm considered a compromised risk due to my health.

Highlighted

Hello @gordow,

We appreciate your participation in the forums and hope that you are keeping safe and well! 🙂

Based on your summary of the issue at hand, it sounds like it could be the TV box or the TV itself.

Although, maneuvering your TV box to a different location would be the best way to troubleshoot your issue, we certainly do not want you to compromise your health and well-being while doing so. We also understand your concerns over the current pandemic that is taking place. 

By any chance, do you have any friends or family members who would be willing and able to help you out with this? Perhaps, they can assist in moving your box and/or visit a Rogers location to pick-up a new rental box for you? By moving the box to a different TV, we can rule out your box being the issue if the problem disappears. 

If this is not an option, please feel free to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we can try to make other arrangements for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,
RogersLaura

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry if this note duplicated itself, it didn't seem to go through.

Is there a reason you formatted the drive in win10 and not allow the nextbox to do it for you?