Nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: RE:Netbox

Not yet. This happened one other time and it magically came back. I'll wait for a few days and if the problem is still there

I'll contact customer support.

I'm an Advisor

@TheArcher wrote:

However, there is a setting available to adjust the intensity. You may a different setting makes the display more readable.

Hello @kathyw123,

Yes, the brightness of the front display can adjusted. I think you did this, but in case you did not...

- Press the SETTINGS button on the remote. 

- Scroll down to SYSYTEM and select it by pressing OK/Select on the remote control. 

- Scroll down to FRONT PANEL BRIGHTNESS then press OK/Select on the remote control. 

- Scroll to the desired option (Low, Medium or High) and press OK/Select

- Press EXIT repeatedly (three times) until you return to live TV. 

Hope hope this helps you or anyone else with this question/problem!

I Plan to Stick Around

'how do i go back to the old SA tv guide lol'

i know i cant but that was the best guide imo
each time rogers updated it, it got worse

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You dont. 😞

Any box which is not CAPABLE of RTN (the previous guide to navigatr), would still retain the SARA guide.

Anything else, will be upgraded to Navigatr.

I Plan to Stick Around

i havent looked into buying a vcr in many years but im surprized that it would be expensive
you cant find a used one ?

there are converters/adapters that will go from hd (hdmi/dvi) to composit or componant so you can connect the box to your tv

im using a similar thing on my computer but it goes from vga to hdmi, it works great

I'm a Senior Advisor

@grumpy0282 wrote:

'how do i go back to the old SA tv guide lol'

i know i cant but that was the best guide imo
each time rogers updated it, it got worse

There is only one way to accomplish that. Buy a used SA8300HD and use your Nextbox as a door stop until Navigatr gets fixed properly.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@grumpy0282 wrote:

i havent looked into buying a vcr in many years but im surprized that it would be expensive
you cant find a used one ?

If you're used to watching HD, going back to a VCR will be very disappointing. A DVDR is better, but still SD. However, you can no longer use these recorders the way you used to, independent of whatever you're watching, because the signal is digital and encrypted.  I remember before I had a PVR I'd record on a DVDR and a VCR on my main TV and on another VCR on another TV, all at the same time. I don't see many VCRs on Kijiji anymore because they've long since gone in the garbage, but once yard sale season begins, you'll probably find a few.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I am very happy to see my TV is showing that it is running 1080p and seems to be even clearer ,unfortunately is not available on 2.0 . Was wondering how long this has been option and hoping other people find out. Bell has claimed they have 1080p but it is not true .Glad to see Rogers has finnaly made it available. Match it with a high quality  HDMI cable and you will be shocked. Sounds crazy but a 100 dollar plus HDMI cable will shock you in how much clearer your TV will be.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1080p output has been on the NextBox 3.0 since launch, however Rogers is still transferring the native signal of the source\broadcast, so 1080i or 720p. The Nextbox then converts this source to whatever you set the output too: 1080p,1080i, 720p. I personally set my Nextbox to output at 1080i, then let my TV do the conversion to 1080p, since that is my tv's native output. In general most tv's will do a better job at the conversion compared to the Netxbox, which is why many suggest leaving the Nextbox at 1080i output, along with the fact that 90% of the broadcasts are 1080i. 

As for HDMI cables, cheap or expensive has no diffrerence in picture quality. HDMI is a digital signal, so the signal is either present or missing, in which case you can either see an image on the screen or have no image. If you were using analog cabes, then yes quality makes a difference as the singal can be altered depending on the cables, RFI, etc. With HDMI cables this isn't an issue since it's a Digital Signal of either 0 or 1. 

http://www.cnet.com/news/why-all-hdmi-cables-are-the-same/

So remember nothing is broadcast in 1080p, setting your Nextbox to 1080p just means your letting the cheap Nextbox do the conversion, rather than your expensive TV which undoublty has better scalers and image processors. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@gp-se wrote:

1080p output has been on the NextBox 3.0 since launch, however Rogers is still transferring the native signal of the source\broadcast, so 1080i or 720p. The Nextbox then converts this source to whatever you set the output too: 1080p,1080i, 720p. I personally set my Nextbox to output at 1080i, then let my TV do the conversion to 1080p, since that is my tv's native output. In general most tv's will do a better job at the conversion compared to the Netxbox, which is why many suggest leaving the Nextbox at 1080i output, along with the fact that 90% of the broadcasts are 1080i. 

As for HDMI cables, cheap or expensive has no diffrerence in picture quality. HDMI is a digital signal, so the signal is either present or missing, in which case you can either see an image on the screen or have no image. If you were using analog cabes, then yes quality makes a difference as the singal can be altered depending on the cables, RFI, etc. With HDMI cables this isn't an issue since it's a Digital Signal of either 0 or 1. 

http://www.cnet.com/news/why-all-hdmi-cables-are-the-same/

So remember nothing is broadcast in 1080p, setting your Nextbox to 1080p just means your letting the cheap Nextbox do the conversion, rather than your expensive TV which undoublty has better scalers and image processors. 

Are you sure your TV upconverts 1080i to 1080p?

I checked my TV manuals and could not find any evidence that it does.

Regarding cheap HDMI cables, for the most part it doesn't matter, unless you get a really cheap one whose characteristic impedance is off.  The HDMI signals transmitted through the cable are analog in nature, so saying that they either work or they don't is not true.  If you get errors in the transmission, you could see pixelation on the screen, or glitches as yo watch a movie.