Nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: RE:Netbox

I don't have a cable box just the DA hooked up via cable to the TV & VCR.  It's ok now that dummy has found out that the TV is HD I'll call to get the NEXBOX. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

LOL 😄

Well, now you know 🙂 
Yeah, with HDMI inputs, you should be FINE with any of the PVRs.

PERSONALLY.. out of the two.. since you are not using a surround sound it seems, i would go with the nexbox 3.  Much better performance overall compared to the 2.0.

Likely notice a fair bit of quality difference too 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Instead of Sunbird maybe I should go by the name of Dumbird.  Because I really feel dumb.  Now I just have to decide do I buy the Nextbox 3.0, rent or rent to own. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I replied on your other thread about it, with some info 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for all your help.  I should have either looked behind the tv looking for the HDMI access or looked for the quick set up guide.  I should have noticed that prompt on the tv when I go to video 1 to watch the VCR! 

I've Been Here Awhile

Global TV (channel 3 on my remote) is blank through my Netbox, however it is working fine on my other tv which uses the digital adapter. Yes I have rebooted the netbox and the problem is still there. Although I haven't checked every other available channel on the Netbox I have checked enough of them to conclude channel 3 is the only channel not working properly. Any ideas?

I'm an Advisor

That's very strange to see only one channel with that problem - have you called Rogers technical support to report it?

I'm Here A Lot

We just got the new box 9865 for Nextbox 3.   The time on the box is neon blue and I find it very difficult to see.  I did find the way to make it a bit bigger.   Any way to change it so that it is not blue?  I suspect not....

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @kathyw123,

Unfortunately - no, you cannot change the color. I like the green they used before, it was easier to see even though it was smaller. 

I Plan to Stick Around

However, there is a setting available to adjust the intensity. You may a different setting makes the display more readable.