Nextbox problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Nextbox problem

I have just had installed a NEXTBOX when I press the start button on my  remote nothing happens unles I press the power button on the netxbox. Why? I drive it through a Srereo Receiver

Also when i shut down the T.V. the sound is still on. Why?

Can anyone help me?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It sounds like the the remote is not set up fully/properly that it will turn the tv off but not the Rogers box. This is why your still getting sound, it only turned the tv off. Likely why you need to press the power button.

When programming the remote maybe you over programmed the CBL button instead of the tv?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Read through many posts about problems with the Netbox, here's one I have had since I picked up the Netbox a few months ago...

early morning or late night, when I first turn on the tv, hit the channel up or down, it just flies through channels without stopping! I need to either press the OK button, or sometimes turn the remote off to get it to stop.

third box and second remote ans same issue! Rogers service have no clue?! As the poor service tech that came out last time actually gave me his cell to call when it happens so he can see for himself...too late for me to call the poor guy at 10pm.

Anyone seen this before?

Thx in advance!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if u cover the ir sensor on the remote control, are the channels still changing on the stb? if so that is how you troubleshoot it and narrow down the problem to see if it is a remote problem or a stb problem.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Haven't heard that problem before. Sounds like its getting part of the signal to channel change but, but not getting the stop for it.

Is your box behind glass in a case? Very high or low or on an angle from where you are sitting?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I woke up Sunday morning to an empty nextbox. 
All recordings gone.
All scheduled stuff gone.

Completely empty.

Is this a normal occurance? WTH? Totally not acceptable.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Finally, someone with my exact problem.

We moved a month ago and decided to go the Rogers route.

A day after we had our new Nextbox, EVERY button I pressed acted like it was being pressed multiple times with no input from me. 1 time out of 100 it might work, but that's it.

The box is on a three tier black glass TV stand, and that got me thinking that the signal might be bouncing around between the panes of glass since it's not transparent. Last night, I moved it off the table, far away from the TV, and it works flawlessly. Give it a try if you're using it on a glass table.

This is rediculous though since my Blu-Ray player, TV, PS3 all work fine with their remotes. Now my PVR is on the floor next to my TV stand completely out of place. Oh well, we'll think of something...

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While it sucks that it was happening.. its good to hear someone figured out WHAT was doing it.

Im not sure weither its the remote, or the box that is the problem.. im thinking the box tho, as while i have not had the same issues you had.. i do find the 'cone' of where it picks up, is much smaller on this one, than the 8300s

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Sometime between 11pm and 9pm today all of my recordings and Scheduled recordings were erased on my Nextbox. So what you are saying is I am not the only person.

Any way to avoid this?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont think any of us have narrowed down WHAT is causing it yet.

While a bunch have been nailed with it.. there are many that have not as well..

There are many factors.. Box model, extender or not, etc. 😞