Nextbox problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Nextbox problem

@bobkamino wrote:

So why isn't a Rogers employee on this site?

Rogers is now beginning to have people monitoring this forum who are not just moderators, but are qualified to solve technical problems.  You should be seeing solutions very soon.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

Hi, we are having issues with our nextbox, I am setting up recordings, they then appear in the schedule as being due to record, yet when I go to watch them, the program has disappeared from the schedule and is no longer marked as recording....I have missed a few programs now, and am very confused as to how this is happening? Has anyone got any ideas, other than re booting the whole box,I really shouldn't have to do this everytime I set up a program to record !

thanks

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Over the past week of been noticing that several channels (live and recorded) are jittery - halting sound/video, shifting in the video (NB2). We've got a NB3 which doesn't seem to show the same issues.

Anyone else encountered this?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@DragonsOfWine, and which box ix it that shows these problems if not the NB3?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

As I said, the NB2 is showing the issues.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @DragonsOfWine,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your NB2. From what I understand, you are getting pixilation (squares across your screen) on some channels and recorded shows? Pixilation can cause the sound to cut in and out as well. If this was only happening on live TV and not recorded shows, the issue in most cases turns out to be a bad signal to the box. If it's happening on recorded shows also, the box could be faulty but can't say for sure until we rule out other possiblities. Please try the following:

1. Verify the channels affected.
  2. Remove any equipment stacked on top, and make sure the DSTB has clearance above it for proper ventilation.
  3. Make sure all connections are secure.
  4. If you have any splitters on the coaxial cable leading to your Digital set-top box, try reconnecting them.
  5. Reboot your Digital Box.

Rebooting your Digital Box

• Unplug the power cable for the digital box from the wall socket.
    • Wait about 10 seconds, then plug it back in again.
    • Wait for the time to appear in the display (this may take up to 5 minutes).
    • When the time has appeared, turn on your Digital set-top box by pressing the "power" button on the front panel.

If none of these suggestions helped solve the problem, please let us know. We can check your signal strength and determine if a technician visit is required. 

Community, please feel free to chime in. 

@Gdkitty@OLDYELLR

Thank you,

RogersHassam 

I've Been Around

I was having a similar reboot cycle. I was getting err 99 every time it rebooted with the 4642hd box. An Internet check said that it was a bad signal but being in a knowledgeable trade, I knew better.  I never modified what rogers setup so I knew the problem was in the box.

Important to know is the following, 

A soft reboot is unplugging the power to the box. 

A hard reset is doing a factory reset which is what is typically done for every box returned to rogers.  

If you are getting a reboot cycle that a soft reboot will not clear then try a hard reset. 

Press both power and select on the box at the same time while unplugging and plugging back in the power to the box. If successful, the display will count down hexadecimal memory addresses and then reboot.  I am so happy that I found a way to deal with this problem instead of having to trade in yet another box. Uggh

I've Been Around

Do all Cisco Nextbox PVR's make a whirling sound, quiet but loud enough that you hear it with background noise, when not being used?

I Plan to Stick Around

I've never experienced a whirling sound but a very faint ticking sound (which i can only hear if my ear is within a few inches of the box)  Other than that, nothing, very quiet, even when downloading, updating the guide, etc.

Rebooted box many times. Keeps going into boot mode. Other tv's in house work fine. I changed cables as well.

Steve