Nextbox problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Nextbox problem

We just got a netbox yesterday, first one returned as we now have no signal, 2nd one same problem. Tech person to show up tomorrow.. Wish I had read the forums before I went down this slippery road.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The TV is showing no signal? Or you are getting the box to start up.. just no channels, etc?

Did you have a previous box there before?

The nexbox series of boxes, seem to be alot more pickey about signal strength.. if you didnt have a box there before, it may be a very weak signal.

Hopefully the tech will be able to sort it out for you.

I've Been Around

Hi all, These NextBoxes are garbage. they have so many problems it is rediculace. Rogers put these things out before they properly tested them and are now charging its customers $25 or more a month. I read this by a Mskitty or something like that. and I am sorry but you really do not know what you are taking about. These boxes have so many glitchis its crazy. Rogers should be ashamed at putting such an inferior product out like this. The technician that brought out the second (not properly fuctioning) Next box said that it was so far ahead of anything in the USA, I think he must have been drinking, because this this is so bad. Rogers gouges people all the time and we are use to it, but paying for such garbage as the next box takes the cake.

Would love to see people boycott Rogers and show them we are tied of the games and being gouged at every turn.

Thanks

Richard

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

He wasnt completely incorrect.

HARDWARE wise, the nextbox 3 is one of the top hardware spec wise ones.

Almost ALL the problems that are with them, stem from the custom rogers software on it.

Its all hit and miss it seems. 

I have had the box, almost since release.  I have only ever had ONE problem to date, a random reboot tonight actually.  Box has been fine otherwise.
Obviously others havent been so lucky.

All in all, generally i have seen LESS issues with the current 3, than with the 2, which had many more GLOBAL issues which effected all users.

Everyone has to make the choice.. if you dont like the service, then leave and go to another company.  Hopefully you dont experience the same sot of things with the other companies (cuz unfortunately, they ALL seem to do it)

I've Been Here Awhile

a year and several months later and things arenot ANY better.

nextbox is slow seconds forremotepressesto register

a guide that is unreadable

2 am reboots everyday - i suspect rogers is upload our usage no hardware requires updatesthat often.

i work late and watchtv at 2am why can't itbe selective.

not even microsoft needs updatesmore than weekky!!!

Rogers is on my speed-dial i call them so many times for problems with cable, internet, wireless AND home phone.

their suggestion- upgrade.

oh and the comment of leave them? Bell is notmuch better  too bad the old 10 foot dishes are gone-that was great service.

we in Canada need real competition 4-5 different vendors. not the crap speil by the current monopolists calling it unfair.

For $500per month rogers gets more than my mortgagecompany. Andwecannot withhold payment for bad service.

enough venting. just get someone to make itgood.

I'm Here A Lot

Have had the Nextbox 3.0 for over a month after exchanging the horrible 2.0 box and the only problem I am having is that when using PIP and Swap a few times the box will reboot.  

It also freezes and reboots around 2am every night apparently to do uploads.

The slow-mo does not allow step-by-step and the fast-forward has too many clicks to get faster enough. Rogers probably does not want us to skip commercials.

Don't like the fact that you can't flip from live TV to a recording with previous channel button anymore but can live with that.

The only other minor issue is that there is no place to see what Reminders you have set or manually Edit them like was the case with the old Scientifc silver boxes.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jdoreg0

Weird i have 2 NextBox 3.0's in my house & yet none of them are having issues like this nor do they update every night. Once or twice a week yes but not every single night like the Nexbox 2.0 used to do.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The nextbox 2 and 3 dont use the playback channel anymore.. so the live flip back and forth doesnt work 😞

Rogers DOES want you to skip the commercials though.. or at least allows you to.

There is a commercial skip per say.. dont have my box infront of me, so going off the top of my head... but its fairly recent addition.
I beleive its the page +/- (or the day +/-), and it will do a 3 min skip forward.

I'm Here A Lot

The rebooting at night is not a big deal. Not sure if it happens every night.

The PIP/Swap reboot is really annoying as I like use the PIP to channel surf during commercials.

I'll try the page up forwarding.  Sound promissing.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

jdoreg0:

I've had my NB 3 for 2 months and the only reboots I've seen are the ones I do myself or when the box does it for some unknown reason, like your experience with PIP. I regularly check last reboot dates and times in the Service Menu to see what's going on. That may actually be a problem. After 2 months, I would have expected some updates, but I've never seen an update to the firmware version and know mine is older than some others on here who've posted their version number. I'm actually going to swap my box at Rogers tomorrow because I've been having audio droput issues all along. A rep in the Rogers store nearest to me said there have been updates to the box after I explained to him I had got one on the first day they were released. He was also familiar with the audio dropout issue.