Nextbox problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: Nextbox problem

I plugged in our new 52" Sharp, connected the cable via the VCR and Voila! great picture without any sort of box! We're supposedly losing channel 47 Peachtree TV as of the 21st. Not a huge loss. I'm betting that I can hold out until the next generation of HD boxes comes along from Rogers. We've lost one channel so far and one switched to analog (61 to 15). From all the complains I've heard here and elsewhere about the instability of the Nextbox, I'm in no hurry to get one.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I can't speak on behalf of the Bell Satelite PVR cause I dont have the Satelite, I have Bell Fibe TV and it is totally the BEST I have ever had, and this can be testified by anyone who also has the Fibe PVR, their guide is totally awesome, and it is amazing the features on there, and you can record up to 3 HD feeds and 1 SD feed all at the same time.. Too Bad rogers had to go with what they went with, cause Nextbox is nothing to brag about..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello upsdriver9

Agreed!. Its to bad Rogers can not have something to brag about & show off. They know the NextBox was never done & never worth it. They only rolled it out because of Bell & Shaw. Rogers had us as beta testers to see what are the bugs & what they would find. They never tested anything out before rolling it out.

Bell Satellite is a great choice if you want to move away from this. The guide is amazing & their controls are easy. Some others may say " its bad & blah blah blah". They would only say this as they want to stick with Rogers as they like it. That is fine but the truth is Rogers never tested the NextBox out before releasing it. Recordings get deleted, The boxes restart every single night, bug, The box is not worth it anymore.
I've Been Around

Just picked up nextbox from rogers. For the last 30 minutes it just has a h and the numbers rollng is this normal ?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello copanism

Trying rebooting it. Unplug the box & plug it back it. If it still does the same thing, contact Rogers tech support & have them look at it. They will know what to do.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Do not reboot it. It is installing the new software. That can take more than half hour. It is absolutely normal.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mousetamer

A tech has rebooted the box & so have i when it does that & nothing happens, it just installs after. Although what you are saying is true. Also the update can take up to 3 + hours at times from what i know.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

May depend on what updates need to be applied. If its been on the shelf since the next box came out, could have many updates to apply

I've Been Around

I just upgraded my HD PVR 8642 to Nextbox last week, I thought the old guide was slow, this thing is 100 times slower than the old system.  It take me forever just to navigate the guide, my recording list and anything else.  Just clicking on info to see the info of what I am watching takes atleast 5-10sec to load.

The search function is much better, but it is really really slow. I like how the new guide looks compared to the old one but it is useless since it runs so slow.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, its not called Nextbox, it's Crapbox... it is the worst thing that ever was invented... stick with your old boxes...

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.