Nextbox clicking

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Nextbox clicking

I appreciate that some people hear their PVR hard drives spinning and searching. I don't. It's where I sleep and I hear all kinds of things, the furnace, fridges, freezers, sump pump, etc, but not my PVR. As was mentioned, it could be a failing hard drive, or just a noisy one. You can go into Diagnostics and check the DVR HDD INFORMATION page to see if it shows any bad blocks.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Patrick4
I Plan to Stick Around

I am not very tech savvy. How do you go into diagnostics? I dont know what I would find or what to do.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I'm not familiar with the Nextbox, but I believe there's a Troubleshooting option. Maybe someone with a Nextbox can dorect you to diagnostics. @Gdkitty?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not sure on the troubleshooting option  (under settings) would do much.

Better to go into the FULL box diagnostics.. There is a hard drive option in there i beleive, which may say if there is failures, etc.

Unless its changed.. i am assuming it still works on the Navigatr..

Hold down exit till you see one of the lights on the remote blink (setup i beleive?) then press the down arrow twice, then 2.

Patrick4
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried this out. I dont think it is an option on my Nextbox.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hold the Exit button on the remote until the "power" light blinks on the PVR then press - down, down, 2 in quick succession.  (The light blinks on the PVR, not on the remote).  This should work on the 8642 (NB2) and the 9865 (NB3), as well as the 4642 STB.

Patrick4
I Plan to Stick Around

If that gets me in then what should I do?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

With the 8300 there are 39 pages of diagnostic screens. I don't know how many the Nextboxes have. You just page through them until you see one that refers to the hard drive and see if there are any bad blocks. Most of the screens mean nothing to me.

View solution in original post

Patrick4
I Plan to Stick Around

Great thanks for your help.

pboc
I'm Here A Lot

Nextbox 3.0 makes clicking noise.

Just went to swap out my Rogers Nextbox 3.0 PVR and found out I own it.Any one know if there's a fix for the clicking noise or do I have to take it some where to repair it.