cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nextbox champion remote with LG tv

geoken2
I'm here a lot

Has anyone been able to get input switching on the nextbox champion remote to work with a newer lg tv (LG C1 in my case). I had it working great with my Samsung Q80, but I can’t get it working with my new LG.

I was able to get volume and power working fine, but input switching doesn’t do anything. 

*** Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nextbox champion remote with LG tv

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you tried all of the various codes for LG TVs in the remote setup function?  Click on TV, then LG, then say you don't know the code, then try all the codes - there are close to 20.  

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/champion-plus-urc2125/?product-provider=365

There's also a search function which allows you to try every TV code the remote has.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you tried all of the various codes for LG TVs in the remote setup function?  Click on TV, then LG, then say you don't know the code, then try all the codes - there are close to 20.  

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/champion-plus-urc2125/?product-provider=365

There's also a search function which allows you to try every TV code the remote has.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Some things I do is get a sticker and write down the code that worked and stick it on the back of the TV set somewhere where you can find it later in the event your remote breaks or gets replaced so you can easily program the new one with the same code.

geoken2
I'm here a lot

I tried the auto code function and thought it was working at first. It was only later that I realized I put wasn’t working. 

geoken2
I'm here a lot

Running through the codes worked. In case anyone stumbles across this - the specific code that worked for me for an LG C1 was 1423

Not only did that code get the input button working, but the arrow keys and OK button work which means I can navigate the TVs entire UI with the Rogers remote. 

geoken2
I'm here a lot

This is a good idea. I’m actually going to break out my brother labeller and do just this now that I was able to find the correct code. 

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 in conversation