Nextbox and reception issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nextbox and reception issues

Last night at approximately 8:05 PM, my Nextbox 3.0 picture suddenly started to stutter and the image was completely pixelized. At the time, I was recording 2 programs and watching hockey.  It stayed like that for 20-30 seconds, until the image froze, pixelized.  I did a cold reboot, and it started up okay.  Since then, the image partially pixelizes randomly, every 10-60 seconds on seemingly every channel.

I assume this is a signal problem, and will check my signal levels later today.  Is anyone else experiencing this in the Ottawa area?  Does anyone have another explanation?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. especcialy if its on EVERY channel?  Its either a signal issue..  or something in the box has died.

Ontop of checking the levels yourself.. a good test can be calling in.. often in a case of poor signal, they cant connect to the box from their end... usually means there is something wrong signal wise, etc.

They can get a tech out, and see whats up.
Quite possible with the weather this year.. with things staring to thaw, etc.. that something outside is damaged... or could be a simple as a fried splitter, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

My nextboox wouldn't turn on. When I unplugged and plugged it in, it kept saying "send rfsh" it would not power on.

Hello, @PrinceCollins

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Thank you for joining and posting your concern in the Community. Is the box still not turning on? I appreciate posting the error code, it seems you have a Motorola box and the "send rfsh" code should disappear once the box passes the post stage. 

Looking forward to your response.

Cheers,

The CommunityHelps Team

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

You are absolutely right. So what is the post stage and how do I know it passed
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The post stage is the Power On Self Test. when you unplug the box and plug the power back in the box goes through POST. If the box gets stuck at that message then you should call Rogers and have them "ZAP" the box.