Nextbox - Timer

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox - Timer

What are the chances of bringing back vcr_timer to Nextbox? Like in standard digital terminal.

*Edited Labels*

Highlighted

Re: Nextbox - Timer

Hello, @Michael_Knight

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your query in the Community.  By "vcr_timer", do you mean timer recording? The recording options are available through the guide/recording. Perhaps, you may want to elaborate your question so that we can look into providing more accurate information. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers is spending little/no time/effort on NextBox features. They are concentrating on IgniteTV (IPTV), their latest offering.  I believe the chances of them "bringing back" the VCR timer to which you refer are zero.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the VCR timer, that used to let you record to an external device like a VCR or DVD Recorder, or if you're talking about a "manual timer", much like you used to set on a VCR with a start/stop time.  However, in either case, I'm pretty sure Rogers will not be implementing those on Navigatr firmware.

Those are available on SARA firmware utilized on the old SA8300 PVRs, etc, however, those will be phased out in the coming years as IPTV replaces everything on Rogers, including Nextbox.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you very much for your info, it was very helpful. I do have a hard drive recorder that is why I asked about the vcr_timer.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm not sure which Nextbox you refer to in your initial post, however, if you have a PVR like the Nextbox 2 (Model 8642) or Nextbox 3 (Model 9865), you can record onto these first, then "copy" the recording to the recorder by hitting "play" on the PVR and "record" on the recorder simultaneously, at a convenient time, utilizing the same connections (usually composite video and analogue audio) to the recording device.

Not many people have a need for this any more, hence the lack of the feature on the new firmware.    For example, the new IPTV boxes (and a lot of new equipment) don't even have that type of connection any more - only HDMI.