Nextbox PVR software update 2014-11-09

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox PVR software update 2014-11-09

There were two software updates for my Nextbox 3.0 yesterday.  Since then there have been numerous issues:

- Call display does not appear anymore on the TV when someone calls my landline

- I am missing numerous channels, some premium some not.  Tried reseting and reauthorizing the box via the website

- Some channels (e.g. HBO) will appear only after 5-10 minutes of being on the channel

- Three recordings last night got a bit messed up.  Two went over time by 15 minutes.  One (The Newroom) only recorded 2 minutes and stopped.

Anyone else seeing issues?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox PVR software update 2014-11-09

The caller ID thing, i have seen not come up, when the flag for it on the back end is not on..  but that shouldnt happen just randomly.

What are the channels comming up as?  Blank? or are they comming up as NOT AUTHORIZED or something similar?

I've Been Here Awhile

Did not do anything to flag for caller ID - assumed was reset due to new software

Channels come up blank.  They will be completely black after the onscreen id times out after a few seconds.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wasnt aware of a new firmware being pushed (the only usuall times where you see major things like this happen most of the time)

are you able to check which firmware you have?

hold down EXIT, till the power light blinks.. then hit the down arrow twice, then 2
it should bring you into the diagnostic menu
What is the firmware version it shows at the top there?

EG: 5.0.0.0123

Have you tried manually rebooting since then?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Or you can just use the system menu, instead of dropping into diagnostic mode.

Settings-Troubleshooting-System Information

I've Been Here Awhile

Interesting - thanks fpr the tip.  The firmware shows 5.0.0.0123 from Aug 12, 2014.  None of the host component info has been updated from 25 June, 2014 either.  Not sure what Rogers was doing to my system then - the PVR definitely got rebooted three times in two days (Sun+Mon).  After about two days of weird behaviours, the PVR has settled down and seems to be functioning normally again (caller id back, all channels back, recording seems to start and stop on time).