Nextbox HD PVR 4K Cable Box - Serial Number Registered as HD PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Nextbox HD PVR 4K Cable Box - Serial Number Registered as HD PVR

I have a Nextbox HD PVR 4K box that I own.  I am trying to sell it. A buyer called Rogers, provided the serial number to confirm that the box was free and clear (which they confirmed).  But Rogers told the person that the box was not 4K, that it was a regular HD PVR.  I believe Rogers has it listed that way because they gave me the upgraded box even though I ordered a regular HD PVR.  Is there a way for me to have this resolved (I lost the buyer)?

Nextbox_pic_1.jpg

***Added Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox HD PVR 4K Cable Box - Serial Number Registered as HD PVR

@yyzlt You could try PMing the @CommunityHelps people here by clicking that hyperlink (after you're logged into the forum) and send them a PM regarding the problem. They will then PM you asking for additional personal information and they should then be able to straighten out your account.

It's obvious from your picture that you have a 4K PVR and the Rogers CSR that your potential buyer contacted should have also seen (with additional digging perhaps) that it is indeed a 4K PVR and not HD.  Perhaps the potential buyer was not persistent enough with the Rogers CSR.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just purchased this box privately and Roger's is telling me it's not 4K despite it saying so on box front. Can this be true,?
Roger's says it's a 3.0 HD box not 4k. Too crazy for words.

***Added Labels***

Good evening @Cd16,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post! Smiley Happy

If you have a 4K TV, you will definitely want to take advantage of our 4K packages! Where the NextBox you purchased is showing as a NextBox 3.0 in our system, you won't be able to. We should be able to switch it over to a 4K NextBox in our system. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps and we can look into it for you!

If you're unfamiliar on how to send a PM, you can learn how to here.

RogersTim

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cd16 : The CAV10455 is indeed a 4K PVR.  You can PM the mods here who should be able to fix this up for you, or you can call Rogers again and escallate the issue to second level if the next person you contact doesn't know that this is 4K.  Seems to be a glitch in the Rogers system as this has happened before - see second link below:  Here's the list of hardware:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/hardware

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-HD-PVR-4K-Cable-Box-Serial-Number-Registered-as-HD-...

I've Been Here Awhile

The Roger's CSRs I had spoken to were unwilling to move beyond the "sorry you feel that way" story. Eventually hot to product support. Someone down east who was more than helpful. Roger's need to step up the training on these matters. Adds a lot of frustration and certainly add to lost customers longterm.