Nextbox Explorer 8642HD PVR function not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Nextbox Explorer 8642HD PVR function not working

Hi @nutech

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

Have you tried rebooting your digital box? What happens when you try to record a program?

Let us know to further assist you.

@RogersPrasana

Rogers Employee hchaud01
Rogers Employee

Hi @nutech,

Have you tried rebooting as @RogersPrasana suggested? When you say PVR function not working, what exactly do you mean? Is the PVR not recording at all? We would need more details to assist with troubleshooting this further. 

Thanks.

I'm Here A Lot

My added tag stated that the Exporer 8300 SD pvr had no program information when the Info button was pressed. I called Rogers service & they are sending a tech tomorrow morning to address the issue of non transference of info data to the pvr. It records. It plays back recorded programs. The recorded programs have info when the info button is pressed. The live programming has no info.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@nutech this thread says "8642HD PVR" and you're asking about an 8300SD now. Which is it? They're two different boxes. What do you see when you press the INFO button when watching live TV? A blank panel  at the bottom, or nothing at all? Maybe you have a defective remote. Take it into a Rogers store and they'll exchange it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

The forum applied it to the 8642HD somehow. The info button (second push selection) shows no information either on the 8300 pvr or the remote. Last night & tonight it is working(providing the info for the channel selected whether the present channel or on the guide itself..One button push shows the name of the title). The second push shows the title's description. Sometimes the second choice is blank. That is the intermittent problem.The tech is to arrive here tomorrow morning from Rogers, so, we'll find out then. Hope this explains what is happening intermittently.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, pressing INFO once shows the program name, time and channel. Pressing it again while that's showing will give a more detailed description. However, the detailed description is not always available.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Exactly. Here,  it sometimes is not available on ALL Channels. That is the problem. Today it was not showing ANY description., tonight it is showing on ALL channels. We'll see what the tech find out. According to the tech on the phone, he scanned the pvr and said the description transference was faulty, so, it is a Rogers tech issue.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Could be a weak signal. The tech will probably check that.

I'm Here A Lot

Correct..the tech found the signal to be low due to antiquated equipment. A work order has been issued to update the street box.