Nextbox 9865 PVR not working on older TV (2010)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimmygeewhiz70
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 9865 PVR not working on older TV (2010)

I bought a nextbox 9865 from a thrid party and put it in our master bedroom, where we have a newer smart tv. I liked it so much I bought another, identical nextbox 9865 and put it in the living room with an older (2010) tv. The tv works fine but when I hit menu it doesn't even show options for pvr.  At one point it said "Your set top box is not a dvr".

Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance...

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 9865 PVR not working on older TV (2010)

The iHDD may be shot, or there may be another issue.  Did you follow the instructions outlined in the following post regarding purchasing used boxes?

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/guidelines-for-selling-and-buying-a-used-rogers-terminal-in-ontar...

If you swap the boxes around, does the issue follow the box?  Make sure you set the working box to output 1080i in the video settings before moving it.  I assume the 2010 TV is HDTV and should accept 1080i?

Jimmygeewhiz70
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did follow the guidelines. Interestingly when I swapped the boxes, the one that was working in the master now works on the older tv in the living room, but the one that didn't have pvr capability doesn't work in the master either, so the problem seems to be specific to the box, not the tv. It doesn't offer "My Recordings" in menu and when I press "List" on the remote a notification appears saying my settop box is not a DVR and to contact rogers. Both are set to 1080i.

Jimmygeewhiz70
I've Been Here Awhile

On the line with technical support. Apparently they authorized it as a regular box, not a pvr, so on hold with customer care to get it fixed...