Nextbox 4k PVR Extender

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 4k PVR Extender

@mfait wrote:

Could be the hard drive you used.

Regular desktop drives are not optimized for PVR use.  See more info here.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Next-Box-3-0-and-PVR-Extender/m-p/353321#M37933

I am now using my 4K/nextbox pvr for some months now and I am up 70% storage space used. I am coming back to my question. What are the options to adding a extender to my 4K ROGERS NEXT/BOX only// I have been given different answers back and forth, I am only concerned for the current one I have, the 4k/NextBox. I Need to add a extender at least 1TB h/d or maybe 2TB, but I will settle for 1TB, I need to know using the ESATA external connection on the 4K Box, I am clueless on what model or brand that will work properly, CAN someone at ROGERS TECH. department help me with my query? To this day I have not been able to get a straight forward question on this! Please some one help me with this matter! I am SURE I am not the only person with this on his mind! Any help will be greatly appreciated! thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

while the boxes work with it.. i think its not something that rogers is completely supporting anymore Smiley Sad
Hence why its so hard to get real information.
You cant get them from rogers anymore.. they used to have an 'official' one.

The one that they did have, used to be a segate one (rebranded).  1gb.

If the 4k box has the esata,  you would definitely want to use it.
And you'll want to use a drive that has it own power (vs being powered via USB)

There are some ones that are sold drive more specifically for this out there.. you would want one that can handle a lot of read/write to it.. you dont want one which will always go to sleep, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ajdankaradeniz wrote: 1. I Need to add a extender at least 1TB h/d or maybe 2TB,
2. CAN someone at ROGERS TECH. department help me with my query?
3. I am SURE I am not the only person with this on his mind!

@ajdankaradeniz: I suggest you review posts 19 and 20 of this thread and the links in there.  Summary - use a WD Black (or perhaps blue or red) in the appropriate Vantec enclosure.

2. Rogers technical department will not respond as they have not officially supported an eHDD for years.

3. Actually, there are very few people who now use an eHDD for the reasons outlined in post 19.