Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Hi

I was wondering if your new mini one connector is the same size of the old one.  Samsung just sent me an new connect box but it is the same size and has the same part number BN91-17814W.

Thanks

I've Been Around

hey there i had the same problem as you and purchased the same splitter and i get no connection at all no picture no anything and i tried every port on the one connect....

I'm Here A Lot

I just purchased a 2016 Samsung 65" 4K KS 8500 TV and am having huge issues with Rogers 4K PVR. I had a Rogers technician come and and he tried several 4K boxes and HDMI cables. I get a slew of issues: either no picture or no sound, pink picture, green picture. Sounds similar to issues experienced by others here. The Rogers guy was clueless and his suggestion in the end was why don't I just get a regular PVR box as of I bought a 4K tv just so I would give up watching 4K on it. Did anyone here have their issues resolved here? I have a feeling this has something to do with the oneconnect box...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ivanpasic:  A pink or green picture is almost always an indication of a poor connection.  Sounds like your oneconnect box or the HDMI cable feeding it is not making proper contact - check all of the connections at all of the ends and unplug/replug all connections.

Have you tried a regular Rogers box (from elsewhere in the home) at this location to see if that works?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

what other 4k sources have you tried besides the 4K box? If the only 4k source is the Rogers box and it's giving you this issue it could be the tv/one connect box. I have a KS8000 with the Rogers 4k box, and I haven't had any picture/sound issues. The only issue I have is the Rogers 4k box reseting to 720p output when connected to my Yamaha receiver. But it only does this with the Yamaha, I had a Denon before that had no issue.

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, the non 4K Rogers box works just fine. It's only the 4K box. I tried several HDMI cables and experience issues with all of them. I believe there is some issue with the oneconnect box. I will try to get a replacement from Samsung.
I'm Here A Lot

It's interesting - all of the internal TV's apps work fine, Netflix, YouTube. However the moment I try any input from outside I have trouble - particularly with Rogers box as stated above. I tried Apple TV and it's working fine although there is some issue with colours sometimes looking inverted. I think it is the oneconnect box.
I'm Here A Lot

I originally posted back in July, I had an open ticket with rogers since. I recently discovered that ticket was closed, when I called rogers to find out why it was closed when I'm still having an issue they informed me that the problem is now with Samsung. In doing some research I found out that Samsung has been replacing the one connect for customers having this issue. After 2 hours of aggregation on the phone with incompetent Samsung employees from different countries I finally got them to send a local service company to my house. They replaced my one connect and I happy to inform you that the problem has been solved. I now have a working 4k box on my 8000ks tv. I highly recommend anyone having the same issue to do the same. This whole experience has been a nightmare having to deal with rogers and Samsung. Good luck to all
I'm Here A Lot

Spoke to Samsung early last week, and on Saturday, a tech came over to diagnose and hopefully fix the issue with HDCP 2.2.  Unfortunately no dice. he brought a new one connect box, tried multiple cables, but still received the same error.  He mentioned this is a common issue with these boxes, not only on samsung TV's.

in any case, i'm going to wait to hear back from him.

anyone else have any suggestions? The Authorized Samsung tech called me later on in the afternoon and mentioned that another customer used a Rocketfish 1 in 2 out (4k HDMI splitter) and all worked fine. I don't feel right buying something else to get what should work, working. i'll explore that option down the road.

Edit - Just to add: i've had all the same symptoms Ivan (a few posts above) listed. pink screen, picture no sound, etc.  to add to all this, the Rogers 4K PVR only works on HDMI 3.  HDMI 1 which is labeled Cable/Sat doesn't work, nor does HDMI 2.  I currently have my PS4 Pro connected on HDMI 2 and it works perfectly fine.  The PS4 works on HDMI 1 as well.  Pulling my hair out here.

I've Been Here Awhile

Like you, I did.not want to purchase something to fix what should have worked correctly from the start. But I did so that I could enjoy 4k tv AND sound. No issues since. Spend the money and start enjoying you system.
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats