Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Hello @gauthierfamily

Glad it worked for you! Yeah Rogers won't give you the money back.
I Plan to Stick Around

Okay guys I have a fix. I have been talking back and forth with Rogers tier 2 tech support on a weekly basis for a few months now. They suggested I contact Samsung and let them know I want a new mini one connect box as a couple other of their customers have had this work for them. I called Samsung and explained the known issue between Rogers and Samsung and insisted since I'm under warranty I want a new mini one connect box. They put the request through and a local Samsung repair place called me and ordered the new mini one conect box. Today they brought it and it worked perfectly. It seems they have made slight adjustment with the mini one connect box that has solved this issue. No need for any 4K splitter or anything. I hope this helps everyone. Now my only issue with Rogers is the 4K PVR isn't available for purchase yet which annoys me.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

Glad to see this fixed the issue!. It seems that that the issue is indeed related to the One Connect Mini Box.

As for the 4K PVR box. They only have it for rental just like the 4K box. The won't put it for sell outright for a while.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

As I posted in another thread, I just called Samsung and they say that getting Rogers to switch the frequency of the signal from 60hz to 24hz should fix the signal. Is that even possible? I don't currently have a 4K box hooked up to my KS9000, but I want to make sure I won't have any problems once I pick one up. 

Also, what number do you guys call for Samsung support? The one I called took me to a less than helpful call center in Manila, Philippines.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mousetamer

That is possible but Rogers would take time to do this as they need to test it on all boxes / tvs to make sure it works without fault.

Also whenever you call Samsung Canada, they outsource their calls. I called for my Note 7 and was transfered to someone in India and then US.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You may not have any issues, it seems early run TV's have this issue, since someone posted they changed the One Connect Box and now everything works.
I have a KS8000, bought in September, no issues with my Rogers 4K box or my PS4 Pro that outputs 4K.

Also you don't want Rogers to switch to 24Hz, because the Rogers Box converts every channel to a 4K 60Hz Output. Watching sports at 24Hz would be brutal.

I bought mine back in April so I definitely have the first run. I still want a definitive answer on what the actual problem is. Is it Rogers or is it Samsung and the other manufacturers that are having these issues with the Rogers boxes. My buddy has the 65KS9000 hooked up to Bell 4K and his works flawlessly. I wish I could just borrow a box from Rogers for a day or two just to see if it works lol.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am an early adopter as well and all I know is that it originally worked with my one connect mini box and then stopped working after a Rogers firmware update.

I was told by a Rogers tech rep at the time that they changed the way their firmware implemented hdcp 2.2 which then resulted in the incompatibility

What sucks is that there is no clear answer as to what the problem is. I keep checking this forum and other sources, but it is still clear as mud.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @QAQCman @mousetamer

That is what Samsung Canada told me at a conference meeting back in July right before I left Best Buy. I as able to go and I got a few answers on what is going. Once the Rogers boxes got the update to hdcp2.2 the one connect mini boxes that came with the original KS series models had issues. I also had a few customers have issues with Sony and Vizio tvs. They have the exact same issue. When they released the update, those tvs as well had issues. Vizio and Sony fixed it by a update on their TV'S. Samsung has yet done much.