Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

@QAQCman wrote:

My gust tells me that it was a result of both the new STB download and using Port 1 on the Mini Connect Box.

As mentioned in post 16 of this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

It's extremely important to use the correct input on the TV, as not all inputs/ports are capable of 4K, or other items like ARC, etc.  I'd be interested to know if this is covered in the operating manual for your TV, or labelling on the port/input itself.

I Plan to Stick Around

I can confirm that I'm using port 1 with the same HDMI cable and still no sound and won't go to 4K. I have the development team sending someone to my house today to be a liason in order to try and solve the issue

I Plan to Stick Around

A technician just left my home. (The 4th guy). He could not find a resolution. He told me they are working on a fix. I have my doubts. I don't have bell in my area so all I can do is wait. I thank everyone for their input but nothing has worked.
I Plan to Stick Around

Quick update for you guys. My Samsung KS9500 had a firmware upgrade to firmware 1103 today. I got really excited about this however same issue still occurs.

I Plan to Stick Around

Also had a firmware update this week that I did today.. did not help.   I'm sure Rogers won't charge me for something that isn't working,  but still,  this is sort of enraging.   Fell for Rogers 4K ad and they can't even get me equipment that works!

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi all,

Just a quick update.  Sorry to hear that some of you are still experiencing connectivity issues with your STB.  Since this past Tuesday, May 17th, I have been issue-free.  Once again, my STB is directly connected to the One Connect Mini box's HDMI Port 1.  I too have Samsung Firmware version 1103 installed on my KS8000.  All the best.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm starting to feel this will never be fixed until Rogers releases a new box

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

Most likely but some of my customers that I spoke to which had this issues, get it resolved but didn't tell me how. I guess Rogers did something which fixed it? I have no clue. Hopefully they release the 4K PVR soon.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix

Good day.  Guess what, my connection issue is back!  All worked well with Samsung TV software version 1103 but now that I have version 1104 installed, my connection issue with my Rogers 4K box is back!!!

The connection issue just started this morning, June 11th.

I noticed that Samsung software version 1104 was installed on June 9th.  It worked fine for a couple of days until this morning.  Not sure what changed today.  Perhaps a new Rogers 4K Box version was installed?

Is anyone else experiencing connection issues again?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @QAQCman

Goodmorning! Oh my that's no good. So i guess the Samsung got a new update which not has crippled the 4K terminal. I am wondering if Rogers will push a update out on the box to fix this. I know a customer of mine got a 78 inch Samsung KS9500 and had major issues with the Rogers box.