Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Hello @Meowmix

The other thing I did when I successsfully connected my Rogers 4K STB was:

1) Reset the TV;

2) Switched off the TV;

3) Disconnected the TV's power cord;

4) Disconnected all HDMI cables from the One Connect Mini box, except for the cable from the STB and it's connected to One Connect Mini Box HDMI Port 3;

5) Powered on the STB;

6) Reconnected the power cord to the TV;

7) Switched on the TV;

😎 then performed the various steps to connect to the STB.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @QAQCman

Hopefully it helps the rest of the users having the same issue. I called my buddy to see and still has the issues after doing all that.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix

So far so good...However...sometimes when I seitch on the tv, 4k stb and A/V receiver, the tv initially does not detect any signal coming from HDMI Port 3...(I have the stb connected to HDMI Port 3)...I leave everything powered-on and after about 5 minutes or so, the signal is acquired and I am able to watch 4k...not sure why this is happening at times?...at least I am able to watch 4K...Any thoughts?

I Plan to Stick Around

My TV does the same thing. It does not recognize the port. In fact it disappears. I have not left it alone to see if it finds it though. I will try that.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @QAQCman

Honestly this seems to be a issue with the box and firmware. I am trying to figure this out my self and it's confusing to say the least.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Meowmix

I seem to get a more consistent signal from the 4K box when all entries in the tv's universal remote area have been deleted.

Food for thought.
I've Been Around

I have the same problem happening with a JVC dla-rs400u projector connected through an Anthem MRX-1120 Receiver.  My Roku works in 4k with no issues as does my Android Box.  Something is forsure going on with the Rogers box, I tried a direct connection from the Rogers box to the projector, ometimes the rogers has then gone into 480i and starts acting really strange.  Rogers tech support has been horrible, it seems nobody at the company knows how to use these boxes, reset them or do anything other then send a tech to swap the box.  I'm on to my 3rd box the first 2 wouldn't even boot up.

I had a customer where a good 6ft 4k cable wouldn't work into the receiver, I then put a 20ft cable because it was the only other cable in the truck and it then worked.  Then was with a Pioneer SC-68 receiver that is only HDMI 1.4a and then the 4k worked, so the boxes can run on HDMI 1.4 and HDCP 2.0

What a nightmare this has been.  I'm telling customer to steer clear, I'd try Bell but I can't get it here yet.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Meowmix

Last night I noticed that my cable box downloaded an update and I hoped that this would fix things. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem but with a subtle change; now the tv initially says that the resolution is not supported; the only way to make the cable box work is to unplug power to the box, wait about a minute, reconnect power and then plug the power cord back in. It then does its regular Load, cycles through 01, 02...05, and then I switch on the power on the nob and both the tv and cable box are now communicating and I have a 4K reception. Very annoying. If Samsung and Rogers don't figure things out in about 1-2 weeks I am seriously thinking of returning my Samsung ks series tv! Grrrrr
I Plan to Stick Around

Just throwing this in here too...  slightly different problem, but still Samsung.

UN60JS8000

Three 4K boxes and 2 techs have been unable to get the box to install its firmware/software.

No mini-box for this model,  straight in to HDMI.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just a quick update; In one on my previous posts, I mentioned that I noticed this past Saturday that Roger's downloaded a new update to my 4K STB;

Just this past Monday, I was on the phone with a Samsung tech rep and this is what he recommended I do;

1) Connect the HDMI cable from the Rogers 4K STB to Port 1 (and not either Ports 3 or 4) on the Mini Connect Box; He said that Port 1 supports MHL and this is why you need to connect to Port 1.

He also confirmed that I am using the right HDMI cable that supports v2.0; I use a Monster Black Platinum Premium 5' cable.

All is well now; I consistenly get a 4K signal on HDMI Port 1 from the Rogers 4K STB.

My gust tells me that it was a result of both the new STB download and using Port 1 on the Mini Connect Box.