Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

It looks like Rogers may have updated the 4K PVR. The UHD setting is now the default when all components are turned on!!!
I'm Here A Lot

Noticed the update as well. It seems as though some of the issues I had prior to using the rocketfish switch has returned. This time with the switch still installed.

Anyone else notice an issue?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kferg31

@kferg31 wrote:
It looks like Rogers may have updated the 4K PVR. The UHD setting is now the default when all components are turned on!!!

I noticed this too, no more reseting to 720p!!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Samsung KS8000 Rogers nextbox not giving me sound with picture on port 1 but is giving me sound and picture on port 3 but can't access 4k channels saying HDCP 2.2 anyone know how I could get the sound and fix the issue also on port 1 won't let me change to ultra HD in appearance
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Dee. I'm going to suggest what others suggested which ultimately worked for me. Grab yourself a rocketfish switch. The model escapes me now but if you browse through various post in this thread you should come across it. I grabbed mine from best buy.

Prior to that, I tried mtiple things. Different HDMI cables, different ports, called Samsung and they sent a tech, etc to no avail.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey haig I seen the same thing but bestbuy doesn't sell those anymore and can't find any other splitters that might work.
I've Been Around

just ordered a rocketfish hoping it will make a difference. question when hooking it up does it connect from the 4k box to the rocketfish and then from the rocketfish into the samsung connect 1 hdmi port 1?

Hey there @alperanson,

Thanks for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

Although we don't officially support Rocketfish Splitter connectivity issues, I am confident @Haig, or maybe @gp-se, can provide you with some insight on this.

Hi @Dee2987,

Since Best Buy has discontinued the Rocketfish 4K Splitter, you might want to see if you can order it off Amazon.

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@alperanson wrote:

just ordered a rocketfish hoping it will make a difference. question when hooking it up does it connect from the 4k box to the rocketfish and then from the rocketfish into the samsung connect 1 hdmi port 1?

connect the HDMI out from the 4K box into the rockerfish input, then the output from the rocketfish to HDMI Port 1 on the TV. That should get you going!

I'm Here A Lot

Just brough a new Samsung 4K TV ( KS 8500 ), after hook up of my 4K Digital box, no audio, advised Rogers tech to check and he mention he can't fixed and left, contact Best buy and they advised to down grade my 4K Digital box to HD box, You replied this email almost a year but still can't been fixed. Unacceptable 

I