Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

thanks for the suggestion.  my patience hasn't worn thin enough yet.  i'll try a few other things, but ultimately, i'll likely lasnd in the same boat you're in 🙂

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Don't pull your hair man! I am the one the got the Rocketfish 1 in 2 splitter and it worked like a magic! Absolutely no issues anymore! Model RF-G1502, available at BestBuy!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

By the way is anyone from Rogers in these forums? Why is Rogers not informed about this? This is clearly a problem with Rogers's 4K PVR box. The guys Samsung sent last week that resolved my issue are well familiar with this (not the guys on the phone on call centres all over the world, but the local company Samsung sent over to my home)
I've Been Here Awhile

You had somebody that repented samsung come to tour house? Lucky you. And the resolution was?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Read above...
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

John from Downtown DuPont Electronics was awesome, went above and beyond and investigated the issue and found the solution for me. I highly recommend them!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same issue with my Samsung JS8500 the 4K PVR and Yamaha receiver. Did you find a solution for the output switching to 720?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

What if you bypass the receiver and go from the 4k box to the TV? Will it work then?
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi all,

I also recently acquired a new Samsung 4k TV (8 series), and encountered the same problems as reported throughout this thread - no sound and no UHD resolution, when trying to setup my new TV for the first time with a Rogers 4K cable box. This thread seems to be the leading authority online on the matter for those of us with Rogers who are having a heck of a time with the incompatibility between our TVs and the Rogers 4k cable boxes. 

I wanted to report that this thread was a great help. I immediately knew which fixes would not work for me, and which ones I  was more likely to try. After frustrating myself for two days trying to make things work with the equipment I had at my disposal (essentially, the stuff that came with the TV and the cable box) to no success, I sucked it up, went to BestBuy and purchased the Rocketfish 4k hdmi splitter. Everything works splendidly now! The Rocketfish splitter that has been tagged as a solution for this problem worked like a gem.

Of course, it's super frustrating that Rogers would team up with Samsung to promote their 4K services and then be incompatible with Samsung TVs, and the known problems seem to persist for months on end, at least this $64.99 splitter works, eliminates the frustration and hassles and can be counted on until Rogers and Samsung figure out a way to establish a reliable solution for this technical issue. 

- I would not recommend you spend hours (days?) on the phone with a Samsung rep and then waiting for a Samsung-approved technician to come and replace your One Connect Box, unless you like doing things the long and difficult way. I also fail to see how and why this is even working for some. If Samsung made a change to the OCBs at one point, as some have claimed, that could be a reason why, but this is unverified, and why isn't it being regularly reported by those with newer TVs that they aren't having this problem then? Why are those with Bell having no issues with getting their Samsung TVs to show 4K TV? The One Connect Boxes are not the problem as far as I can tell. It seems like a communication issue between the Rogers box and the TV's One Connect Box. It's as if they're speaking different languages to one another. This is where the Rocketfish splitter comes in - it makes your TV understand the signal properly that it isn't from the cable box directly. Until the issue is solved, the splitter acts like a translator between the two.

- Why is everyone talking about expensive and unnecessary Monster hdmi cables? As long as the hdmi cables you are using are hdcp 2.2, you're good to go. The cable that comes with the Rogers 4k boxes is 2.2 compliant and should work fine as one of your two hdmi cables (you will need two if you plan to use the Rocketfish splitter). I was lucky and happened to have an extra 2.2 hdmi cable lying around unused from a new Samsung UHD PC monitor I got recently (28" UHD590). Getting an hdmi 2.2 cable (if you need another) is also much cheaper at a place like Canada Computers than at a big box store like Best Buy, although Canada Computers does not sell the Rocketfish splitter. Maybe I'm totally wrong here, and I'm sure those Monster cables are better quality for what they are, but I don't think they are related to causing or solving the issue at hand. 

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I Agree you don't need the Monster HDMI Cable, any cable that is HDMI 1.4 compatible should work.