Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Update - just went and purchased a Monster Black Series HDMI cable to try and still no sound and doesn't recognize the UHD option.

Thought I'd share!
I've Been Here Awhile

I had the exact same issues.  I have the JS9000.

I changed my 4K box with Rogers for a new one.

I was able to switch to UHDTV with the new one. How ever I was still getting the HDCP 2.2 

message on the 4K channels.

Last night I went to best buy and purchased this HDMI splitter...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/rocketfish-rocketfish-4k-hdmi-splitter-rf-g1502-c-rf-g1502-c/104...

I plugged it into HDMI port 3 on the OCB and it worked! Finally have 4K back after months of frustration.

I hope this helps.

Sorry... I forgot to mention you will need 2 HDCP 2.2 compatible HDMI cords.  (Rogers supplies these)

I'm Here A Lot

So this actually worked. The Rocket Fish splitter as mentioned in the post above.

BUT! I've uncovered a new issue pertaining to me. When using the original HD box directly connected to the OCB on the TV I was able to pair my Bose QC35 headphones and hear sound direct. Ever since putting in the splitter, the TV will not pick up the headphones and send out the sound.

Thoughts/suggestions on this?
I've Been Here Awhile

Glad it worked for ya.

As far as you're headphones go, the only thing I could think of would be to try reconnecting via the HOME menu on the tv.  Under settings, switch to Bluetooth audio press ok and see if your device is still paired.  If you don't see it on the list, press the Bluetooth button on your headphones.  It should come up on the list. Reconnect it and it should work.  I just realized that a small Bluetooth speaker I had was not paired anymore. I did this and it worked right away.  You will just have to switch back from that menu to whatever device you want sound from.  I use a Samsung sound bar that is Bluetooth and can switch back by using this method.

Its not fair that we have to go through all this trouble to figure this stuff out.  Nobody at Rogers or Samsung have a clue.  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I tried that several times and nothing. It says connected but as soon as I select it from my audio options it kicks back to tv speaker.

I think it may have something to do with the HDMI switch.
I Plan to Stick Around

MarkM3, after reading your post I went and bought the HDMI Splitter that you recommende and it worked perfectly! I'm super happy for it to at least be working. Thanks for letting us know. Of course Rogers still has to fix this issue as we shouldn't have to buy a HDMI Splitter for it to work and most people won't know about getting the HDMI Splitter, but I'll take this temp fix and enjoy what little stuff shows in 4K!

I've Been Around

So I had the same problem with a 4KPVR and KS8500 and bought the Rocketfish splitter and the Monster Premium Black Platinum HDMI Cable to try and remedy the issue. The Monster Cable from the box to HDMI 1 did not work. The splitter allows me to see the 4k channels with all different cables. However I do not notice a difference in quality between TSN and TSN4k for a Leafs Game at the ACC. I am using the cheap HDMI cable Rogers provided to go from the box to the splitter, and the Monster Premium Black Platinum Cable from the splitter to the ONE Connect. The light on the Monster Cable lights up for HD, not 4K. I don't think it is a 4k signal coming from the box, but something about the spliter fixes the HDCP 2.2 problem. Any thoughts from others who bought the Rocketfish splitter? 

I've Been Here Awhile

question, the hdmi spliter, I assume that you sent the signla from the nextbox 4k into the splitter then the output of the splitter to the TV.  seems like an odd resolution but at this point I have not been able to use the 4k teminal so I am will to try this.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes.  That is correct.   It will work for you. 

I've Been Here Awhile

THIS WORKED.! I DON'T CARE HOW BUT IT WORKED. THANK YOU! NOW ROGERS OWES ME ABOUT $75.00