Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Any updates on this issue?

I just setup my KS8000 TV and am experiencing the same problems. So right now Rogers 4k content cannot be viewed. Like most of you I've tried connecting the stb directly to the Samsung OneConnect box and the TV is not detecting any signal, even non-4k channels. When connected to my receiver which is only hdcp 1.4 compliant, I can watch all the non-4k channels. I ordered this hdcp 1.4 to 2.2 converter from Monoprice (Blackbird 4K Pro HDCP Converter, 2.2 to 1.4 😞 152421.jpg

Hopefully this will fix the issue and I won't need to upgrade my receiver just to use the 4k Nextbox.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have a KS8000 and the 4k Nextbox, I have it connected to the OCB HDMI 1, using the HDMI cable from Rogers. No issues viewing 4k or HD channels.  My tv has firmware 1133 installed, On the 4K box I have it set to output UltraHD.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just got Bell Fibe and my TV worked immediately! Rogers and Samsung have to get together on this problem or else they will lose more customers like me. Stupid that the issue has been presented to them in May and still no fix. Bye Rogers
I'm Here A Lot

Seems like this issue is still ongoing. I have a KS8500 with a 4K Nextbox from Rogers. My issues are as follows:

- unable to change Video Output to UHDTV (get black screen when running test)
- no sound

Has anyone found a work around or alternative at this point? I'm considering switching back to a 3.0HD until it gets fixed.

On a side note, I do get picture on 1080P but as mentioned, no sound.

Spoke with both Samsung and Rogers tech and they pointed fingers at one another. Rogers Tier 2 Support did say that the issue was related to the One Connect box that comes with the TV. I've tried every port and ensures I'm using high speed HDMI cables.

Any comments/help would be great!
I Plan to Stick Around

I switched to Bell Fibe and the 4K PVR box found my Samsung immediately.  The problem obviously lies with Rogers and since Samsung is a major advertiser, I find it perplexing that Rogers is not finding a fix more diligently. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Nicolino

It seems to be a issue with Rogers. It's happening to non Samsung TV'S as well. So this is something to do on Rogers side.
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the reply. Strange they're not getting more complaints about it. It's Samsungs latest TV; there has to be more people that are having this issue.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Nicolino

When i worked at Best Buy and had the little few customers that bought the KS series and other TVs that had similar specs, they would either come return the tvs back or let us know. Although i knew a bit more about it and also warned customers before they got the tvs about it.

Remember not many have $2,000+ to get a tv and also not many come by the forums to post. Only seen 2 people complain about it on Facebook and that was months ago,
I'm Here A Lot

I would assume though, at one point or another there will be an update to correct the issue. It's just a shame to have to go back to store, swap the boxes out again and re-do this all 3 months from now...
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@gp-se wrote:

I have a KS8000 and the 4k Nextbox, I have it connected to the OCB HDMI 1, using the HDMI cable from Rogers. No issues viewing 4k or HD channels.  My tv has firmware 1133 installed, On the 4K box I have it set to output UltraHD.

I tried using the HDMI cable provided by Rogers connected from 4k Nextbox to OCB HDMI 1 and this solved my problem, didn't end up having to use the hdcp converter after all. Thanks!