Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

I'm noticing the only people having any success is people who have a A/V receiver. I don't use a receiver so it's a straight connection from 4K box to Samsung Mini Connector box with no success at all. Anyone who is having any success able to get it to work with connecting the 4K box straight to the Samsung TV without the A/V Receiver?

I Plan to Stick Around

Nope.  I don't use receiver and haven't had any luck

I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't seen any luck on someone who doesn't use a A/V receiver. That's a huge problem because i'm sure there is a lot of people who don't have it connected to a receiver. I've literally seem no improvement from Box to TV connection since I first reported the issue in early May.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello all,

You might want to consider using a HDMI Switcher/Splitter box that is HDCP 2.2 compliant as opposed to purchasing an a/v receiver. In theory this should work, I.e., connect the hdmi out from the Rogers 4K box to the hdmi in on the switcher/splitter and then connect the hdmi out from the switcher/splitter box to the Samsung smart connect HDMI box. This should be more cost effective than purchasing a new a/v receiver. Food for thought...
I'm Here A Lot

Not a bad idea. I see one at Canada Computers or Staples for $39.99. Im going to pick one up and will update you all (things we have to do because of Rogers).

I'm Here A Lot

So I tried the HDMI 4K switch control and no luck. Unreal. I bought it from Canada Computers

https://www.iogear.com/product/GHDSW4K4/ and even thought it says HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 Compliant but It still didn't work and i'm still getting IMG_0886.jpeg

I'm a Senior Advisor

All I can say is I am glad I went with my gut on 4K, and decided from the start that I would give it a few years before I would consider going that route.  I have researched it a bit, and the most commonly recommended solution is the 2.2 HDMI splitter.  It seems that the industry has given up on the concept of common standards and the whole model that was developed years ago under ISO.  The standards are still out there and being put out regularly, but companies don't always make sure that they meet the standards, or do a poor level of testing across a wide range of product situations.  Wonder how many sales reps, or buyers even know to talk about specifications and minimum standards. I know I have never thought of it when buying TV's and audio in the past, guess I will have to learn.  Good luck to everyone and hope your challenges are solved sooner than later.

Bruce

Rogers Employee hchaud01
Rogers Employee

Hi @Meowmix,

Have you gotten any updates from Samsung regarding this issue? Please let us know if you have any further details 🙂 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Quick update, just got off the phone with Samsung support and after enabling them to remote access my tv, they figured when Rogers updated their 4K box firmware, they gone from 24Hz to 30 and 60Hz and that's why ks8000 series not recognized as HDCP 2.2. So they said either wait for their engineers come up with solution or ask Rogers could downgrade my box back to 24Hz. 

Tried Rogers and as you all already know the answer was "NO".

I guess the waiting game continues. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

"nothing like paying to be a ping pong ball".  Hope it gets fixed soon and the left hand and right hand start working together.  Ahh technology companies.

Bruce

@mminoo wrote:

Quick update, just got off the phone with Samsung support and after enabling them to remote access my tv, they figured when Rogers updated their 4K box firmware, they gone from 24Hz to 30 and 60Hz and that's why ks8000 series not recognized as HDCP 2.2. So they said either wait for their engineers come up with solution or ask Rogers could downgrade my box back to 24Hz. 

Tried Rogers and as you all already know the answer was "NO".

I guess the waiting game continues.